Question about Tablet

Currently I have the Wacom Bamboo Splash(I think thats the name) and I am thinking if I should get a new tablet like the Intuos? Would it make a difference? 

Also, does anyome know how to change the nib? Last time I tried I broke the buttons on my pen x_x
Comments20
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The Wacom Inutos is great, but don't get the new one(the manga shit one). It's just a re-branded Bamboo. It's their new low-end tablet and they're just using the Intuos' reputation to sell it to newbies who don't know the difference.. Just be warned. I'm pretty well against Wacom, lately, due to their marketing strategies and ridiculous prices. They've always been expensive, but lately it's just ba-damn. x_x
From a Bamboo to an Intuos wouldn't really be an upgrade.  The intuos pro though would be.
What does the i intuos pro have? o.o
more buttons, bigger area, better pressure sensitivity, included wireless, tilt recognition, replacement nibs, higher resolution, multi touch.

but you can read all this on their site.
I bought my tablet a few weeks back, it's a WACOM intuos manga edition. Yes it's better than the bamboo, I did some research and it does have features than are not in the bamboo like touch ability, you can rotate and zoom pictures by using your fingers, you get 4 hotkey buttons at the top, it's apparently smoother but I haven't worked with the bamboo so I don't really know. And the back of the pen works as an eraser so you don't have to switch tools but I think bamboo had that.

My tablet comes with a customisable socket for the pen at the top and if you remove it there's extra nibs and a little hole you stick the nib of your stylus into and it comes off easily
The Bamboo Pen & Touch has the touch function.. The new Intuos are, literally, just re-branded Bamboos. It's their new low end tablets and they're just using the Intuos' name because of it's reputation. Almost all of the Bamboos have the hot keys, too, and ditto on the eraser. I've had two of the older Bamboos and both had the hot keys and eraser.
^o^ my tablet have no buttons on it and I didn't know how to customize the button on my pen >_< Also, I could remove the top half of the pen but there is a board or something blocking so I didn't know how to change it @_@
Aw no. Sorry. Wish I could help more!
bamboo did have touch, the capture and create. I had the capture which was as much as yours. it was quite nice while it lasted.
Ah cool :). Yeah u don't know much about tablet models. What are you using now?
intous pro, i was thinking of getting the regular intous but it the pro was on sale for more then i could resist XD
Haha that's awesome! Bet it's amazing
works the same but yeah, its pretty cool.
You'd get 4 buttons you can customize to speed up your work flow, everything else would be the same. Oh wait I think the pen now has an eraser on it now so thats a perk i guess. thats about it.

As for the nib, your tablet should have come with a little metal circle ring with an opening, you pull it out by using that. If you don't have one, i guess you could use a pair of tweezers. 

edit: as a bonus, you'd get some new software, like in every new wacom product.
Ah I feel like I should've gotten something else instead now lol Thank you very much for the info ^^ 
np, i mean.. you can still return it, no?
nah I don't think I can xD