My printer hates me

Long story short: I have an old Canon Pixma ip4200, when I try to print something, the little status window tells me the ink tanks are full and everything is fine; by the sound of it, it seems to be printing fine but when you look at the page, it's blank! Completely blank!
Now, I had to print some .pdf and .odt documents for university, and it kept doing that, I tried rename them, save in other formats etc... nothing worked, but when I printed a picture, the demonic machine actually printed the picture!! Ugh!

What can be wrong with the printer from hell?? (I tried a reset procedure I found online but it was meant for the ink so it did nothing)

Or... I guess it's time to buy another printer...   :)
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
try using it on another computer, if it still doesn't work, its the printer. If not, what pyrohmstr is what i'd do next.
if you don't print often the ink jet heads can clog. If there's an option on the printer or in the control panel under "printers" to clean the cartridges, then that should help out.

Also, I hate printers too.
I did the cleaning of the printer, the fact is that it prints some documents and others not!
I tried uninstall and reinstall the driver but it's an old printer ( the driver on the canon site's dated 2006! and there aren't "updates")
could just be a software compatibility issue. Chances are some newer programs won't recognize such an old printer.
Update the drivers on your computer and update the firmware on the printer.
Thanks, I'll try that