Cintiq Companion vs. 22HD

I want to upgrade my old wacom, as I intend to start studying animation and concept illustration etc. within the next couple of years (I will graduate in june 2015).

I think I'll go for a Cintiq Companion or a Cintiq 22HD (kinda same price). But I have some doubts that I would like to get some advice on before purchasing one - prefferably from people who has experience with either or both Cintiqs.

I am currently a Mac Book (13inch) user, and 3 years ago I purchased PS5 Mac version (very expensive). I've been kinda fustrated that the PS version only works for a Mac software, since the Wacom Companion runs Windows. But also, I have always wanted to try SAI, and a Companion will make that possible + the portability of a Copanion would be useful for school too, though I do have a Mac that works. On the other hand the 22HD just seems perfect for a tablet itself - expect the fact that it is heavy stuff -giving the most natural sense of drawing digital.
I am seeking some advice on whether to buy a Companion or a 22HD (no-touch), if my wish is to create proffesional art and work in the industry of Dreamworks as a concept artist/designer (as an example).
I know the Cintiqs are two different devices, but I would like to hear which one you'd go for, if you got the choice, or just what pros/cons on the Cintiq you've worked with. 

All considered:
- which do you prefer, if you can tell? (Lately I've see people with a big Cintiq buying a Companion, but would like to know why and which they (you) prefer)
- Should I quit the idea of SAI and stick to my Photoshop? 
- Is the 22HD Touch way better than 22HD/ will i regret to nog buy the touch?
- When used to a 13iches screen, is 22 is too much/ is 13 too small for drawing?

If you had 2000$ to spend on either a companion or a 22HD, which would you rather chose?

I'd be grateful for some advice.
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Unless portability is a huge issue, I'd stick to 22HD. You'll appreciate the 22HD screen's real estate.
Hmm, altså... Jeg har selv en Wacom Cintiq (21UX) www.wacom.asia/en/cintiq/cinti… (lidt ældre end 22HD)
Jeg kendte ikke den der companion, men jeg kan se at det er jo som en slags tablet som en iPad med en pen. Og hvis du kun har PhotoShop til Mac og vant til at bruge PhotoShop på Mac, synes jeg det ville være dumt at kaste sig ud i noget helt nyt.

Jeg ELSKER virkelig min Cintiq! Det fungerer bare så godt! Jeg ville helt klart anbefale Wacom Cintiq i stedet for at købe noget med sit eget styresystem. Du bruger din egen computer, du er vant til at arbejde på. Jeg har kun set at de professionelle bruger noget lignende Wacom Cintiq og ikke en lille tablet. At skærmen er større end du er vant til betyder ikke noget. Jo større, jo bedre!

Så med mindre du vil "starte på ny" med tegneprogram og styresystem og have en ret lille skærm at arbejde på, skal du vælge Wacom Cintiq 22HD :meow: