New Monitor : Total confusion.

Alright so I finally replaced my old CRT with a flat screen monitor.
The issue is that the native display says 1280x1024 (and the shop's website says 1366x768..wat.).
On 1280x1024 everything seems foggy and flatter than it should be.
Now If i set it on 1920x1080 it looks good, but the left side of the screen goes out of the borders!
So maybe some of you more hardware knowledgeable folk might be able to help me?
The monitor is Akai TVL250,The graphic card is Nvidia GT 440.
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
OOookay folks.I managed to set a weird custom resolution.The text is a bit small and a tad blurry but at least the general interface looks good.
Let this be a lesson to myself to buy from less obscure brands.....
The refresh rate should probably be 50 Hz: www.amazon.co.uk/Akai-TVL-25-i…
Isn't that a TV and not just a monitor?  Try an HDMI cable - your card should support that :)
Unbelieveable....The refresh rate is stuck at 60, If I try a custom resolution and set the rate to 50 it says "Out of Range".
This is simply ridiculous.
Am I going to have to used to see everything squashed ?
For some reason, I'm seeing a lot of conflicting info about that monitor's native resolution and refresh rate. 60 Hz would actually be a more usual and normal refresh rate). If it's under guarantee, I'd just have the store sort the problem...
Aw heck no!I've seen street dogs with higher intelligence than the people at the store (which would be an unfair comparison, as the dogs here use the crosswalk).
I hope this monitor stays in top shape, because the people at the store might not even follow the warranty.
Next time I should probably stick to a well known brand, even if it's more expensive...
Seriously, they've got to be responsible for what they sell. I'd take it back to the store and complain.
What does it look like set to 1366*768?
Big, Foggy , and the start button is out of screen.
Open nvidia control panel

Under display, go to change resolution and set it to whatever res it says is native, what res is that?

Under the "Adjust desktop size and posistion" tab, try the different scaling options with the different resolutions, see if one looks right.
Strange...it doesn't work. Nvidia control panel doesn't do anything.
The darn thing says 1280*1024 as "recommended".
But again everything seems too flat. maybe it's just me?
Could it also be the fact that this monitor was originally designed to be a TV?
Can you post a pic of the screen at 1366*768 and 1280*1024? (Actual photo, not a screenshot)