About Wacom Intuos: Do i really need the touch feature?

Hi, I'm a pretty new digital artist, a hobbyist if you may. 

Well, I have just recently started digital art, favoring the ability to edit my pictures rather than drawing with a pencil and paper (and destroying the drawing when i need to correct something AFTER shading). 

So for the past few months, I have been using my mouse to draw (admittedly a good gaming mouse which offers good control), but I wish to start using graphics tablets for my art, as using a mouse to draw kind of of limit my ability to draw.

I have my eyes set on the Wacom Intuos Pen small version, CTL480, as i have a fairly low budget. However when i got to the store, the store introduced me to the pen and touch model, which in my country, costs a significant amount more than the standard pen model. 
(they are priced at RM270 for the pen version, RM370 for the pen and touch version. 
And just to give you and idea on how big the RM100 difference is, an average working adult may earn about Rm2000 a month. So in my country, an extra RM100 is big deal) X.X"

So my question is, will the pen only version suffice? the main reason I'm leaning towards the pen only version - besides the price- is that I like to rest my hand on the paper/tablet while drawing, and I'm worried that it will interfere with my drawing. But the eraser on the back of the pen and the ability to zoom and rotate my drawing easily is a very tempting. (though, holding down 'E' will do for the erasing part, but the zoom and rotate function.... ><")

Any thoughts? I'm going to be drawing on a laptop with both Photoshop and Paint tool SAI, and maybe Sketchbook Express.
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thanks for the replies.XD
I've went with my budget and got a pen only model. And so far I'm loving it to death XD
It makes such a huge difference when drawing XD

I'm only using default settings as of now. Will try tweaking it more when i feel like it XD
Yeah, it'll be totally fine with pen only. The touch is nice to have, but far from necessary. 
I bought Intuos Pen Small without any touching functions, because I thought that erasing and zooming aren't worth the trouble. I find touchscreens a bit uncontrollable, so yes, resting hand may cause some trouble. It's always like that with gesture control: one tiny wrong move and everything goes to hell, for example, ASUS Smart Gesture loves to open up Start menu at random. :dummy:

I think only Pen for SAI and Photoshop will be enough, after all, their interfaces are very comfortable after a bit of tweaking.