Gaming/Digital Art PC Build?

My computer is a mess right now, bought for $1000 CAD later upgraded with a GeForce GTX 260 video card ($300 at the time) all from Tiger Direct. It was good at first, but now I deal with blue screens of deaths and having to set all settings in games to low, including having every brush stroke in Photoshop CS6 it's own laggy nightmare. of course it later upset me when i see a cousin of mine can run any game he wants with maximum settings and 80fps+ with even less money on his built computer ($1000).
The people at TigerDirect basically took advantage of me and sold me crap because I didnt know anything about computers. :*D

So i would like to do much more research before i get a new computer, but very few results for people who focus on digital painting with games as well. I have heard Graphic Design and other things require lots of RAM and other things games dont need too much of. I still know very little about computers but i at least understand $1000 can get me more than an under-average family desktop now.

In general, I want to run things like the following:
-Photoshop CS6 with little-no lag (painting with brushes especially)
-Paint Tool Sai
-Vindictus
-CSGO
-B&S China

I usually not care about setting everything to the highest with crazy high FPS, but it would give me comfort knowing i can run games today (Assassin's Creed IV, Battlefield 4, Thief, Titanfall) at the high with around 60FPS.

I dont mean to sound unrealistic, I just thought it is possible because of people doing crazy things like this:
www.gamespot.com/articles/can-…
which my current computer cant even compare to in performance. ;-;

Thank you for your time!
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
what's your budget this time around?
$1000 CAD preferred. I dont need anything but the PC, and I have friends who tell me Newegg and Amazon are near where I live, so free-shipping is guaranteed.
I would say just replicate one of the builds in the article you linked.

I built a gaming PC for my cousin a few weeks ago with an i5 3690K, GTX 750 ti, and 8GB of ram for about $850 USD. Honestly, something like that would probably be exactly what you're looking for. He uses it for gaming and video editing.
Thank you for the insight ^^ I will remember what you said, but I won't be buying for a few months, so I will do more research as well :D
Oh, it's best to figure this stuff out just a few days before you buy. Sales and things can make a huge difference
I want to purchase what is necessary. Since I am not good with computers, I am trying to find the perfect build for $1000. If I have to go a bit over it is still worth it, as long as it is best for what I need. Thank you for letting me know ^^
Should be easy enough. Post back here when you're ready and we can help you with actual stuff to buy :)
View all replies