Can you play PS3 games on a PS2?

I've seen people do it on youtube, but does it REALLY work? Because I got a few PS3 games, but only have a PS2. It would be DUMB to buy a PS3 since they already discontinued it in favor of PS4.

I wanna buy a PS3 game, but I don't want to waste the money in case it doesn't work. 
Comments53
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
How are you even meant to do that? Consider those videos to be fake or questionable. Bear in mind the software is programmed on a completely architecture that the PS2 would not even recognise.

Your money would be put to better use just buying a PS3 if you want that software.
No. Unless the PS2 is heavily modified hardware/software wise, you cannot play a PS3 game.
What??? No.
What makes you think that would be the case? The PS2 and PS3 are completely different machines.
That's tough question. I never tried that before, eve know i have PS2 And And PS3 as well. XD :)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
you cant play PS3 games on a PS2, you can play PS2 games on a PS3 though if you download them from the PS Store
Depends on the model you have. Even so, it can only play certain games.
I think everyone's not reading properly. OP is not asking PS3 to play PS2 games. Asking I'd PS2v will play PS3 games. Which is technically not possible.
Not possible. Different hardware and laser technology. PS2 cannot read blu-ray. It also cannot output the resolution of the PS3.
i have a ps3 i have the old models, only some work and some dont, i know for sure you can play ps1 games on it as i do myself!
you can download ps2 games on the playstation store though
Can you play PS1's on a Ps2 as well? or is it only on a pS3? I heard some PS3 games, but I wasn't sure which onesXD I looked up a list of PS3 to PS2 compatible games, but there was a whole ton of glitches/bad quality involved so I was like "oh forget it".
I don't have a playstation 2 store.xD I believe that requires internet, right?
you can play all ps1 games on a ps2 ^^
xD
yeah you need internet for the store
No it dosen't work. The first update for ps3 made it posible to play ps2 games on ps3 but not anymore. Sorry buddy </3
No. Some versions of the PS3 can't even play PS2 games.
yes you can!! :3 they made the 2DS cause some did not like the 3D on the 3DS :3 so yes you CAN play 3DS games on the 2DS!! X3
2DS isn't a PS3, is it?o.o
No but it CAN play 3DS game  :3