Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
February 25, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

I just got a new laptop, but now my table pen does THIS on me, advice?

:iconsupersmashwolves:
SuperSmashWolves Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Alright so here's the deal....
A few days ago I got an ASUS laptop with windows 7 on it. Seeing as how I need my wacom tablet to do drawing stuff on it, I installed it.

Now I've been dealing with this....

Whenever i want to drag something down or just draw a line and I hold it for a few seconds, some lightish blue circle surrounds my pointer and all of a sudden it pops up the right click menu every time i lift it up! This is especially annoying when I try to do my lines in flash and I haven't been able to do much with it, even with its already laggy problems -__-;

I've looked in the tablet properties to see if i could turn this off but there's no option for this.

Any Wacom savvy people know whats going on and how to get rid of it? Do i need to get a new tablet or something or is there something in my computer that i need to do?

Tablet~
(wacom pen and touch)
Laptop~
(ASUS)
Programs affected the most~
(paint tool sai, macromedia flash 8 professional, GIMP 2)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcosmic-doodle:
Cosmic-doodle Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Try this: Click start menu>Search 'Programs and features'>click 'turn windows features on or off>scroll down and uncheck 'Tablet PC components.
This is what I do when I first install my Wacom drivers on windows 7. :nod:
If the problem is still present, then this may work. Go to control panel>hardware and sound>pen and touch>double click press and hold> uncheck enable press and hold for right clicking box.
SuperSmashWolves Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thank you very much it worked!

Your first option didn't but the second one works fast!!
Still weird why it does that though in the first place :I

Oh well its fixed~! Thank you very much again mate!!!:iconexcitedlaplz:
Cosmic-doodle Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Glad it worked~ :la:

The first option you did will still get rid of annoying things windows seven has that effects tablets though. It only takes effect once you reboot. :nod:
Ahhhh alright then! So if i completely shut down my laptop for the night then and restart it tomorrow, then the problem will occur again?
Cosmic-doodle Featured By Owner Feb 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No no. :noes:
Once you did the first step, for the changes to take effect your computer needed to be turned off then back on.(which I'm sure has already been done, by now.) the second one(that resolved your problem) didn't need for you to restart for the changed to take place.
The problem wont come back unless you undo what you did last night.
Sorry for the confusion~
OOOooooh alright then!
No need to apologize!

Thank you very very much again for your help!!
:iconlove4puppi:
love4puppi Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Student General Artist
Damn, that sucks
Sometimes my tablet pen does that to me, too... I usually have to restart my computer and it works fine

Try uh.. hmm. Re-install the discs it came with maybe? D: I'm sorry!
SuperSmashWolves Featured By Owner Feb 25, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No worries mate! :3

I've tried the discs and I always shut down and start up my laptop right all the time (i use my battery for emergencies)

It never did this on my old desktop, which was a windows XP thats like, 7-8 years old ^^;

Thank you for your input though!
Add a Comment: