Closed to new replies
February 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Wacom Stylus Intuos 5

:iconkurogashi:
Kurogashi Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I bought a used Intuos 5 last week and I just noticed the stylus' nib isn't 'flat' or rounded at the tip. It has one side that is sharp and one side that isn't (like it's slanted). It's kind of like if you used a pencil and shaded with one side for a long time, you'll have a slanted tip.

Is it suppose to be like that?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Professional Artist
No, it isn't. You'll want to replace the tip. Here is where to buy more: [link]{A8DA06FA-349A-4FF4-A998-DF0429E676DF}

There are also other types of nibs available from the Wacom store if you want to look around.
:iconkurogashi:
Kurogashi Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Is there a reason why one should replace these nibs? I mean will it destroy my tablet or anything cause I live in Canada and these nibs won't ship outside of the States. It doesn't bother me too much...
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Feb 23, 2013  Professional Artist
It will scratch your tablet up and when you're drawing the sharp tip will get caught and make it harder to draw smooth lines.

Also, you'll have to replace it at some point. They sell them outside the US, you'll just have to find the Canadian Wacom dealer (maybe a Canadian will come across this and tell you because I don't know). I do know that there is a way for Canadians to buy the tips.
Add a Comment: