Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
February 19, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

can you draw on a wacom tablet without connecting to a pc?

:icontanz-e3:
tanz-e3 Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
can you draw on a wacom tablet without connecting to a PC?

I'm wondering whether or not I should get a wacom tablet for my drawings of which I have a lot to share, but I want to know if I can take it on the train or a plane and start to draw or else to me it's gotta preety big flaw and is almost useless.

Thanks in advance for the advice :thumbsup:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsevmd:
SEVMD Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Um bluetooth?
You need to buy the little 'usb' first
:iconio-t:
Io-T Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Personally I wouldn't go the ipad route when there are so many tablets around that you can nab that will offer so much more. The stylus options are pretty bad and you won't get the same pressure sensitivity as you would with a wacom digitizer. What I ended up doing was picking up a refurbished hp elitebook 2730p for around $200-300, and threw in some extra ram, and bam. Full laptop with wacom support that you can fold into a tablet or use like a regular laptop and run SAI, Photoshop, any and every program you're used to. With the ipad you're restricted in what apps you can use, how much space you have and how easily you can transfer to your main computer.
tanz-e3 Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Best idea yet,even though you may require a better processor with like 2.4 GHz and of course one which is within my price range. Many thanks :) :thumbsup:
:iconio-t:
Io-T Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Honestly the processor has been managing pretty darn well on the thing since it's a full powered dual core so still manages better than some of the under powered atoms you'll find. SAI painting and inking up to 350 dpi is smooth, and Photoshop's been doing well as long as I stay away from the 500 pixel brushes, which does cause some minor lag. The fact that you can stick a SSD and 8 gigs of ram in it means that despite it's age, you still get a machine that's beefier than a lot of the slate form tablets. You really can't do much better for the price range. If you can afford a little more, I've heard good things about the asus e121 but I think those are still kicking in the 500-600 range.

If money isn't a real issue, you have the new samsungs, and if Microsoft gets tired of playing chicken with adobe over wintab, the Surface is a *beast* of a beautiful machine for 1k. For a little more than that, Levono Helix is looking rather insane but it's not out yet.
tanz-e3 Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
looks great but more options means more confusion
:iconsymson:
Symson Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Professional General Artist
You can try the new SONY Vaio. I did a review of it you can see on YouTube [link]
tanz-e3 Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
oh yh and whats the price of the vaio?
:iconsymson:
Symson Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Professional General Artist
Around $1200. It's a hybird tablet and laptop.
tanz-e3 Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think I might go for the ipad and thanks so much again for the help :onfire:
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Professional Artist
No, you need a computer for a wacom tablet. The Tablet is just like a fancy mouse.

If you want to draw anywhere on paper and then upload it later you'll want something like this: [link]

Or you can get a tablet with a stylus. Microsoft, Samsung, Apple, and a fuckton of other people make tablets that would work. Some come with styluses and some (namely the iPad) require 3rd party styluses.
Add a Comment: