Help deciding on a laptop.

Hey I am in the market for a new laptop and I'm having trouble picking one.I/m trying to decide between [link], [link], [link], [link], and [link]. I would mainly use it for digital painting, movies, and games.I just can;t seem to figure out which would get me the most bang for my buck.
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The moment you say "games" is the moment you need a system with a proper video card.

What is your exact price range?

If you can find a system with specifications something like this.

A CPU as close to 3GHz as you can get and a Quad Core CPU preferably by Intel, this is mostly due to AMD having APU systems, meaning there is a video card chip in the CPU, these are not really good for playing video games.

4 to 8GB of System Ram

a dedicated video card with no less than 1GB of system ram.. if you can find a system with at minimum a GT 650M that would be an okay Gaming video card. If you can get one with a GT 660M you would be laughing and very capable of playing video games.

I found this system [link]

The CPU is an i7 2.3GHz quad core.. I think it has turbo of 3.3GHz

You could also look for systems with i5 CPU's

----

If you have the money >>> [link]

[link]
My exact price range is about 500-600 max.

Since you gave me something to look for it should help out. I'm trying to get the best I can for my low budget. I can't really save anymore cash I haven't had a laptop for like almost 3 months it sucks.
Here is a nice windows 8 system with a GT 630M ..it's in your price range.. and you would be able to play games with it.

[link]
Here is a nice system.. and it will play games [link]
Ahh... you are in the US!!

Use this website!! >>>>>>>> [link]
I found this nice system [link]

As for Dell.. they do make good systems, just not really gaming systems, they are mostly Business systems.. Dell bough Alienware, Alienware is their gaming line of Laptops.
500-600.. mmmm.. that is a very low end system.. It's tough to pick in that price range.

Mmmmmmmm..

Brand Wise, I can vouch for Asus, I have an Asus laptop myself and it is pretty good.

Best of luck with picking.
Thanks for the help and the only reason I was partial to toshiba because that was my previous laptop brand.
That's okay.. Toshiba make ok Laptops too..
Thanks for all the links I really like the acer and the dell hehe. Imma be up all night deciding I wanna order by tomorrow morning so I can get it like monday.
I wouldn't get anything laptop wise from either acer or toshiba, both have so very up and down ratings on all of their systems. By the way what kind of games are we talking about here?

First if you lenovo look at they're Z series, you going to find a much better deal there. Also look at Dell's laptops they're very good in your price range. On that note your price range for a laptop is pretty limited, especially considering what you're plans to use it are. Laptops are actually going up in price right now, and it's hard to find a good one around 500-600.
i'll look up the lenovo z series then. I've heard bad things about dell.Yea 5-600 is all I can really afford. Gaming wise I mainly ment mmos and such I did used to run some emulators on my old laptop as well.
not sure what you've heard about Dell exactly. They've got some really solid laptops and great customer support. As for MMOs, well you just need to be sure your computer can handle them. Don't just get something that will run the "minimum requirements"
Well I'll give them a look thanks for the help.