Closed to new replies
February 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Wacom Bamboo Touch or Manga Tablet?

:iconrandom-lil-azn:
random-lil-azn Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
Which of these would be best for digital drawing? Are they the same (apart from the touch funtion)? I already have paint tool sai so I won't need corel painter which comes with the Manga version tablet. I've never used tablets before so could someone explain why there would be replaceable pen nibs? They're both pretty much the same price so which would be the best for a beginner drawer?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconramonjr17:
Ramonjr17 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
just purchased my self a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch small.
it's my first tablet and its awesome! - ill be honest it's a little awkward for me but i think its mainly my posture:
So used to staring at my pen and paper while drawing rather than looking into my screen without my hand in sight.
random-lil-azn Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
Oh I didn't think about that XD It would take a while to get used to looking up instead of down when drawing.
:iconramonjr17:
Ramonjr17 Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
Yup positioning of the tablet too. So used to having my paper in a bit of an angle. Still trying to find the spot :)
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Professional Artist
The Bamboo Manga is just a Bamboo Pen and Touch with bundled Manga Studio and Anime Studio. The actual tablet is the same in each case so you're good with either :) If you don't want the software then go for just the pen and touch, if you want the stuff then go with the Manga. If you really don't want the software but have the money then you can get a Pen and Touch and a wireless module with it.

As for the pen nibs. The surface of the tablet is rough like paper. This gives you a more natural feel than drawing on glass. The pen nibs wear down after a while and they'll either get sharp or just stop working as well. Then you have to replace the nibs. How often that will be for you depends on how much pressure you use when drawing and how much you use the tablet.
random-lil-azn Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
Thank you very much! I think I might go for the manga version then :D
Add a Comment: