Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 51

How do I plug in my cintiq when there's a moniter using the VGA?

:iconblackpassion777:
Blackpassion777 Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
As far as I can see, the only output I have for my cintiq is VGA - My computer doesn't seem to have an hdmi port. Is has two ports above my VGA, [link] and I have no idea what they're for, but so far as I can tell, it's the only thing I can use. So how do I hook up my cintiq (24 HD) to my computer if there's already a monitor plugged in?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconblackpassion777:
Blackpassion777 Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Thank for the help guys! Problem's been solved!
:iconjawolf:
JAWolf Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
hmm the right cable is available in the swivel stand!?
[link] see Page 11 (display port)
?

See page 27 "cable replacement" - you have all the good stuff :3
:iconjawolf:
JAWolf Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
No need to buy :3 So saves a trip! (the link is wacoms's online manual for 24HD) just need screw driver
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
it looks like you have an dvi with a vga adapter on it now. Then going up an HDMI then a display port. Not sure what kind of card is installed in you computer, when you find out you'll know what the ports are...I can't really tell for sure from the picture.
:iconstipend:
stipend Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013   General Artist
don't use vga (can't play blu rays over it, and it won't look as good) you just need an adapter for display port to hdmi
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sure you can play blu-rays over vga. VLC media player plays blurays the same no matter what monitor you have.

Also if you have a regular midprice LCD screen it looks just about the same whether you use vga or hdmi.
stipend Featured By Owner Feb 18, 2013   General Artist
it gets past the hdcp requirement? :)
personally, i prefer to stay legal.

just about ;)
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Blu ray encryption was cracked like two weeks after its announcement or something. I don't believe in laws that tell me what I can't do with my own hardware, or how I'm allowed to play a disc I've paid for.

Civil disobedience is the duty of every citizen when laws are used to oppress people in the name of corporate profits.
stipend Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013   General Artist
it's also one's duty to pay people for their work :nod:
which you seem to be doing being that you paid for your disc and hardware.
(the laws exist because of outright pirates) :ahoy:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No, the laws exist to protect the interests of the few against the rights of many. Corporations that have become fat, lazy and complacent want to keep their ancient business model alive artificially, so they lobby for laws that oppress citizens to protect their own interests.

Sharing of information is a fundamental right. If "piracy" hurts your business, then you're doing business wrong. It has been proven many times that filesharing causes no measurable loss to rightsholders. But that's not the reason for the "anti-piracy laws", the real reason for them is that the traditional gatekeepers are afraid of the internet. They want to cripple the internet with horrible draconian censorship laws to protect their own interests, because they're scared of becoming irrelevant. They're scared that people and artists will notice how unnecessary they are, and that they will lose business.

See, they want to keep their middleman role where they make money from other people's efforts. They hate the idea that anyone can self-publish and crowdsource funds on the internet, without paying them, the middlemen. That's what the laws are really about, that's what the copyright mafia tries to accomplish. They want a crippled internet which they can control, they want back the power they had before the internet when they could control who got to publish music, movies or books. The whole "piracy hurts artists" thing is just an excuse.
Add a Comment: