January 26, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Intuos5 breaking paint tool sai?

:icontorotix:
Torotix Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Interface Designer
Hi,
So a couple of weeks ago I got my intuos5, I first installed it on the windows partition of my mac computer. Unfortunately after that SAI has completely stopped opening.
Now I'm not really here to ask how to fix this exactly, after going through a plethora of possible ways to fix it, I've come to the conclusion I'm either going to have to take my computer into an actual computer repair shop to be fixed, or I'll have to just reinstall windows, as I assume that somehow its corrupt.

Now just today I've also tried to install the tablet on my laptop, because well I have commissions to do that I need sai for. After installing it, yes SAI will open, but all pen pressure has gone. I have even tried my old tablet and SAI just won't use pen pressure anymore (and yes I've restarted, reinstalled, unplugged..). So before things get worse I've just gone ahead and done a system restore to before I installed the tablet.

But it seems that after installing the intuos5, it has an immediate impact on SAI's functionality..so what I really want to know is if this has happened to anybody else at all, if they've been able to fix it, or if it's even possible I just have a faulty install disc that's corrupted windows somehow?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm going to try to learn how to use Photoshop and Fire Alpaca better for getting the commissions that I owe done. It's really sad that this expensive tablet has turned out to be a horrible purchase..

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconlandonfelion:
Landonfelion Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Hm.. I've never used Intuos5 before but it sounds like something could have corrupted sai to say the least. I wouldn't say a faulty disk would cause just one program to crash or mess up unless your computer is messing up entirely. Is your computer, not just your tablet or sai messing up? If things seem to be messing up in other places besides the art issues then I would do a system restore back to before you installed Intuos5, see if it really is Intuos5 or not.
:icontorotix:
Torotix Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Interface Designer
well unfortunately with my mac computer, it wouldn't let me system restore at all. That's why I said I'll need to reinstall windows or take it to a shop. There was one other program that stopped working properly, VLC player, after I installed the tablet.

And I can now confirm that after doing a system restore on my laptop, SAI works fine again. So it really must be something about this tablet that has corrupted some of my files :/
:iconlandonfelion:
Landonfelion Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Hm.. it still bothers me. You bought that tablet the files should not mess with others, or if it conflicted with on in the box/package you got it in would tell you. ( I hope)

It may or may not be the tablet.. I'm not sure but I've run into issues with my tablet before as well.. it's just having things mess up over a program.. it just doesn't make any sense. :/
Add a Comment: