Closed to new replies
January 24, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Persisting Tablet Issues

:iconxenoplsonion:
Xenoplsonion Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
I've made a topic prior to this one stating that my Intuos5 Tablet has been going through this reoccurring issue where it would suddenly loses power, regains power, loses, regains, etc etc for different amounts of time. I did get a solution to use a USB hub but I decided to look for other solutions if there were any.

So I did just that. I took the time to send an email to Wacom Support to see if I would get a solution that'll work. I even posted my issue within the Wacom forums and still have yet to get an answer. So I get email back from Wacom and follow the instructions given to me exactly. Still no improvements whatsoever. Now to make matters worse, my previous tablet, a Bamboo Fun, is having problems of it's own. It's going through it's common issues of it's pressure sensitivity feature not working correctly in Paint Tool Sai.

Long story short, my tablets working like they should be and it's only a matter of time before I snap them both in half.

If anyone has any solutions for either or, it'll be greatly appreciated.
Also to the person who previously gave me the idea of a USB Hub, thank you for the recommendation. It's likely to be bought sometime this weekend probably.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Professional Artist
Update your USB drivers :)
Well I've checked my USB drivers and they're all up to date so I doubt it's the drivers themselves. Honestly I'm believing that it's the power flow between the laptop and the tablet itself which is odd but it's the only thing that I can possibly think of.
:iconstipend:
stipend Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013   General Artist
make sure it's a independently powered usb hub.
hopefully you don't need to replace your computers power supply (i had that issue on an older machine)
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Your computer can only kick out so much power through its USB ports. If you have a lot of USB devices plugged in (or just a few power hungry devices) then some stuff will start failing due to lack of power. And will stop and start working depending on the power consumption of other devices.

You didn't say much about your system so it is hard to be exact about what the problem is - but when you say a USB device is randomly losing and regaining power I know what I'm thinking.

It might be worth trying your tablet without other USB devices attached. If that helps then a USB hub with independent power supply would be the solution.
Well I used a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC with windows 7 64-bit, 6gb of Ram and 2.30GHz processor.

Even though I have no intense knowledge bout computer specs, I'm sure that my laptop should be more than enough to handle this the tablet and vice-versa. Also, the only other USB plug in I use is a IBM mouse and I've even tried unplugging it once solely for the tablet and even that wasn't working like it should.
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
If you only have the intuos and the mouse plugged in then that shouldn't be the problem. On the other hand an Intuos might be a significant power draw on its own for a notebook operating on battery power. Does this happen when the notebook is plugged in?

The HP website suggests downloading a 'hotfix' for its computers when encountering USB problems under Windows 7 - [link]

Might be worth trying?
The laptop is constantly plugged in yes and this issue still occurs. I've also tried a hotfix that identified if the USB drivers were up to date, which they were. Even right now, I am currently searching for possible USB drivers that are more updated, if that is the issue. But I'm still clueless as to what the issue can possibly be.
Add a Comment: