Yiynova, Cintiq or Bosto -- Which one?

I've always wanted a Cintiq since the moment I heard about them, but they are too expensive and after doing some research, I decided to look for alternatives and I came across the Yiynova and Bosto brands, which are far less expensive but there are few user feedback about their overall quality.

What I want to know if Yiynova or the Bosto brands are compatible with MangaStudio. Since MS is my main illustration software, I need to know if Yiynova or Bosto are compatible with MS.

Help please.
Comments26
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Please go google and take a look a word about yiynova products then you can find out the status.

[link]

David Hsieh from Yiynova Netherlands
If you even bring Citniq into the discussion, I assume you can afford it. And if so, it's alot better. Most non-wacom vendors use a pen with battery (patented technology), it makes the pen very heavy, and if you spend hours drawing, it will be a pain. No matter the other quality. Also the crappy screens some of them got, and software for adjusting (etc, no per-program settings, don't recall the vendor for this one tho).
wacom pen : 18g
Yiynova pen : 23g (battery included)

That's what you call heavy ? :p There is no problem drawing 8 hours/day with it, don't worry.
Yes. I think so. The wacom pen is twice as heavy as a pencil. I suppose it's highly individual, but I really don't like the heavy pens. To me it really feels both slower and heavier to work with.
Wacom stylus are 18gr (and sorry, with an other battery the Yiynova is 19gr, I switched it just after my first reply)

It's heavier than a pencil but honestly, if you found THAT heavy I'm worried ^^ Propelling pencil and mechanical are often used for drawing, and they are "heavy" too, ink pencil, marker and so are not light either... If you plan on making art only with feather, you are not going anywhere. When you work with a tool, you get used to it, that's how things work.

I'm sorry it's definitly strange to say to someone "pay 1200 $ more to get a tablet with a 1-5 grams lighter stylus". Better not buy a digital tablet at this price :p
Want a tablet with screen but need to save money?

Solution: DIY Cintiq.

[link]
Lol two bad comments on deviantart don't make the Yiynova horrible. Issues posted here were about power supply issue, mostly. Honestly PandaCity is just great at customer service, they will help you and follow you at any time you need. They do not complain to give refund if you are not satisfied too.

The Yiynova is good, I have the msp19u, it work with almost all the art programs I tried except My Paint. For all other : photoshop, illustudio, painter, artrage... it work. They are some reviews on youtube showing it working with manga studio, illustrator...

If you check the amazon.com page, you will find a dozen of good comments about the yiynova, if you check more forums on the internet, other users are happy with it... When crap happen, it's often drivers issue or user mistake and there is always a solution about that. :)

Bosto is probably good too, but again it's not very famous arround here. I have no idea about customers support for it...
A cintiq is easier to get installed and running but i've never loved anything more than my yiynova msp19
Brother Word Processor. One of the black ones that prints like a typewriter, has an inbuilt screen, and a handle.
Unless this is for something really important and you need a tablet right away, and have no time to learn hand-eye coordination, you would be better off saving the money and getting an Intuos.

Although once you can afford one, by all means go ahead and get one
I don't know anything about the Yiynova myself but I seem to have seen a lot of topics in these forums complaining about them - [link] [link] and so on...

I have had a Cintiq 12WX for some time. I haven't ever had any problems with it and although it was expensive it is a really piece of equipment. I'd be tempted to say you might be better trying for a used Cintiq rather than a cheaper alternative - although I have heard the screens used on older Cintiqs were quite easily scratched and if you were buying one used it might be difficult to be sure whether you getting one with an earlier or later screen.

Also, in my opinion, being able to draw on a screen doesn't make as much difference as you might think. I haven't had any technical problems with my Cintiq but in hindsight I would have just got an Intuos and saved some money.
Yiynova is a world leading provider of professional interactive technology-friendly from Home land – Taiwan. It is promoting and application popularity of interactive pen touch input technology in Tablet display.

Today we are pretty successful in such professional business field and increasing used in originality designs, industries designs, digital comic and animation created, education and commercial affairs presentation, office paperless etc.

I do believe most of people know that most of IT products was made by Tiawanese company due to high tech and strong know how backgroud.

All we want to do is creating better drawing life for the poeple and enjoy painting life as well. seeing is believing. you never try and you never know what kind of great products we provide to the people.

David Hsieh from Yiynova Netherlands
Known colloquially as stegosaurs, the Stegosauria are a group of herbivorous dinosaurs of the Jurassic and Early Cretaceous Periods, being found mostly in the Northern Hemisphere, predominantly in what is now North America and China. Their geographical origins are unclear; the earliest stegosaurs have been found in China, although fragmentary material hails from southern England.

The genus Stegosaurus, from which the group acquires its name, is by far the most famous stegosaurian.
What a Cintiq is really good for is making your buddies jealous :iconbiggrinplz:
But none of my friends have the basic common decency to even know what it is. Poo, I am sad...
Yiynova are iffy, the drivers are sketchy and the things are known to break. Some work great and people swear by them, some arrive broken and there's nothing you can do. I would say that if you get one from Amazon or something then you should be alright. If it doesn't work then just return it :shrug: the trick is reputable dealer :)

The Bosto's are difficult to find and have some negative reviews of the drivers. There are user-written drivers on their South-African website and it seems that support mostly comes from the forums there. The fact that there is very little official support makes me suspicious. I don't have a whole lot of faith in Chinese companies that sell strangely cheap products through shell websites that look nice at first glance but have no real functionality. Also, they cost a fuckton to ship from whatever corner of the world you buy it from. Sending it back would be next to impossible (if they even take returns).

As for MS in particular, both the Yiynova and Bosto are reported working with some workarounds.

In the end, you're much better off getting a Cintiq. They're better supported, you know what you're getting, and they're known to be high quality. They're more expensive, but you get what you pay for. You could also get an intuos5 and use that for a few years before deciding if a cintiq is worth the price. Or there are a lot of used Cintiqs out there. I think a used Cintiq would be better than a new Bosto or Yiynova. Although a new Yiynova from Amazon or a physical store wouldn't be a bad deal.
Youre wrong on a few points about the Yiynova. If it arrives broken you can simply return it for a new one. They all come with a year warranty and multiple people have commented on what a pleasure it is to deal with their customer service. They had no hassle and were taken care of right away. Its not 'next to impossible' to return because they have a domestic reseller in the US.

And the Yiynova works fine in manga Studio, it doesnt need work arounds..

Also i dont know about the Cintiq being 'better supported. Have you ever tried to deal with Wacom customer service? They dont exactly have a glowing reputation. Even calling them high quality is reaching a bit.. 'getting what you pay for'? $1500 more just to have some buttons on the screen is ridiculous.

Yiynova is $570.. Cintiq $2,000-2,500. Go Yiynova. Show Wacom youre sick of thier overpriced/ overhyped garbage. [link]
Good job reading only the first three lines of my post and then jumping to conclusions :dummy:

The IPS displays and the higher-quality tilt options are certainly worth the money with a cintiq. True, many users don't actually need those features, but Cintiqs are for professionals and they're built for professional use.

Wacom support is good and their drivers are better, especially if you're on anything not-windows. The Yiynova support is good too, which is why I told the OP to order through Amazon, where they have support. Also, the Bosto's are next to impossible to return and don't have any US resellers right now. I know reading can be difficult when you're too busy being all up in arms about nothing :pat: but you really need to calm down
Im surprised you can even count to 3 honestly . You sure cant read apparently. Especially anything that picks apart your horrible reasoning and glaring lack of insight. The tilt option excuse is null since you can rotate in drawing programs anyway, and Cintiqs are notorious for their crappy screens. So are you really saying you enjoy paying $1500 more for crap? Here, let me sell you some microwave lasagna for $400..

You also keep throwing around the word professional like its a tangible thing in creative fields.. I think stale, dated, and overpriced are more relevant to what youre struggling to understand. Sure the drivers are better considering Wacom has been around for over a decade (not that they always work).

If you need to be educated any further I'll be happy to oblige baby bird. otherwise, youre not doing anyone any favors (besides your ego?) by spouting your biased/erroneous babble.
Actually the tilt feature isn't technically about general rotation in the program, the Tilt Sensitivity is supposed to simulate using the edge of a pencil instead of the tip...essentially creating a different effect when you use the edge of the pen over using the tip. However the program has to enable that and its not really a feature that can make or break the experience. I personally don't use it at all.

However you are dead on about the crap screen quality. For $2000-$3600....they should be able to throw much better screens in Cintiqs
:pat: it's cute when kids try to act like they know what's going on.
It is, isnt it? Cutest when they hide behind emoticons because they have no retorts. Do you always throw tantrums like this when people debate your false claims?

And yes, I know what pen tilt is. I didnt think anyone would be nitpicky enough to consider something so trivial as 'worth the money' or a valid argument. So I assumed he meant the actual bases of Cintiqs being able to rotate and tilt. While Yiynovas can only tilt.
I would've bought a Cintiq if I didn't heard that the 12wx doesn't have a very bright screen or that the 22HD screen gets scratched just after a few months of use, with no cheap or easy way to replace it.

Those complaints are what made me search for alternatives, I already own an Intuos4 small, but the amount of artwork I have to scan is making me waste too much time.
Unless you need the better tilt and IPS screen of the cintiq it seems like one of the yiynova would be your best bet for now. Worst that happens is that you return it for a refund and all is well. If you buy through their official amazon store (Panda City) then you're covered.