Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 25

Yiynova, Cintiq or Bosto -- Which one?

:iconatelieredge:
AtelierEdge Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I've always wanted a Cintiq since the moment I heard about them, but they are too expensive and after doing some research, I decided to look for alternatives and I came across the Yiynova and Bosto brands, which are far less expensive but there are few user feedback about their overall quality.

What I want to know if Yiynova or the Bosto brands are compatible with MangaStudio. Since MS is my main illustration software, I need to know if Yiynova or Bosto are compatible with MS.

Help please.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondavid188hsieh:
DAVID188HSIEH Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
Please go google and take a look a word about yiynova products then you can find out the status.

[link]

David Hsieh from Yiynova Netherlands
:icongenstian:
genstian Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Professional Artist
If you even bring Citniq into the discussion, I assume you can afford it. And if so, it's alot better. Most non-wacom vendors use a pen with battery (patented technology), it makes the pen very heavy, and if you spend hours drawing, it will be a pain. No matter the other quality. Also the crappy screens some of them got, and software for adjusting (etc, no per-program settings, don't recall the vendor for this one tho).
:icongriffon-nage:
Griffon-Nage Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
wacom pen : 18g
Yiynova pen : 23g (battery included)

That's what you call heavy ? :p There is no problem drawing 8 hours/day with it, don't worry.
:icongenstian:
genstian Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Professional Artist
Yes. I think so. The wacom pen is twice as heavy as a pencil. I suppose it's highly individual, but I really don't like the heavy pens. To me it really feels both slower and heavier to work with.
Griffon-Nage Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
Wacom stylus are 18gr (and sorry, with an other battery the Yiynova is 19gr, I switched it just after my first reply)

It's heavier than a pencil but honestly, if you found THAT heavy I'm worried ^^ Propelling pencil and mechanical are often used for drawing, and they are "heavy" too, ink pencil, marker and so are not light either... If you plan on making art only with feather, you are not going anywhere. When you work with a tool, you get used to it, that's how things work.

I'm sorry it's definitly strange to say to someone "pay 1200 $ more to get a tablet with a 1-5 grams lighter stylus". Better not buy a digital tablet at this price :p
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Want a tablet with screen but need to save money?

Solution: DIY Cintiq.

[link]
Griffon-Nage Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013
Lol two bad comments on deviantart don't make the Yiynova horrible. Issues posted here were about power supply issue, mostly. Honestly PandaCity is just great at customer service, they will help you and follow you at any time you need. They do not complain to give refund if you are not satisfied too.

The Yiynova is good, I have the msp19u, it work with almost all the art programs I tried except My Paint. For all other : photoshop, illustudio, painter, artrage... it work. They are some reviews on youtube showing it working with manga studio, illustrator...

If you check the amazon.com page, you will find a dozen of good comments about the yiynova, if you check more forums on the internet, other users are happy with it... When crap happen, it's often drivers issue or user mistake and there is always a solution about that. :)

Bosto is probably good too, but again it's not very famous arround here. I have no idea about customers support for it...
:iconliamlockheart:
LiamLockheart Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
A cintiq is easier to get installed and running but i've never loved anything more than my yiynova msp19
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
Brother Word Processor. One of the black ones that prints like a typewriter, has an inbuilt screen, and a handle.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
Unless this is for something really important and you need a tablet right away, and have no time to learn hand-eye coordination, you would be better off saving the money and getting an Intuos.

Although once you can afford one, by all means go ahead and get one
Add a Comment: