Closed to new replies
January 18, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

nobody's waiting for ipen2?

:iconlemon1986:
lemon1986 Jan 18, 2013
I'm extremely surprised that no one is mentioning the upcoming ipen2 as potential centiq replacement! you can install the recivers on a generic $80 monitor and use the stylus as centiq!

I don't really see any proplem regarding the performance judging from the provided videos from youtube!

the demo of the stylus with the 27" imac
[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondarkmagistric:
@pyrohmstr

The Display isn't $80....the Pen is....and the pen can technically work on any display.

Truthfully...I'm not totally opposed to that prospect...but more so because of the Subpar screens Wacom uses in their Cintiqs. Even with the recent 22 and 24 "HD" refreshs....for $2000 there is no reason sane reason for them not to pack more pixals in. Most of the 11 inch HD Tablet PCs coming out have the nearly the same res as the Cintiq 24HD.
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No $80 display is a replacement for a cintiq.
:icondarkmagistric:
I'd have to agree with Pakaku...Most penabled displays designed with Pen use in mind usually have that factored into the manufacturing of the screen. Even then...Wacoms little Plastic nibs have been known to still scratch up many a Cintiq or Tablet PC. Unless you get a screen protector I would be too afraid to use this on an expensive Imac. Although I do beleiave all Apple products including the Imacs now use Gorrilla glass...so that may help with preventing screen scratchs.

Now as for the Ipen2 itself....untill I can try it hands on...I only take tech demos with a grain of salt. I've seen plently of incrediable "Pressure effects" on kickstarter projects.....that end up being released (if ever) half baked.

There is also the issue of App compatability. Sketchbook Pro and Artrage are one thing....but Painter/Sai/& Photoshop would require a wintab driver for pressure...and the Ipad would require the apps themselves to support pressure.

I'm not saying don't look forward to this...but untill its released and other Artists can snag them and vouche for it....don't get your hopes up.
:iconpakaku:
I really doubt many monitors are designed to be drawn on... durability-wise and ergonomically
Add a Comment: