Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 18, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Dem Tablets, Man.(Intuos3 Help, anyone?)

:iconcrimson-demise:
Crimson-Demise Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've had my Intuos3 Tablet since 2010, and I've loved every squeaky bit of this wonderful hardware. Never had any problems with it ever(other than my cellphone causing some weird interference sometimes lol).

But back in late 2011, I noticed my pen nibs were getting snagged on the surface of the tablet, and thinking it was just the nib, I changed it. The problem was still there.

Upon closer inspection, I realized there were multiple pits in the surface where the sheet had been worn smooth as glass.

It was never a serious issue for me, but the pits have only grown since then. Here comes my problem.

I checked Wacom's e-store for a replacement, but SURPRISE, they're out of stock. With no word on when they'll have more, if ever.

So, does anyone know where I can buy replacement sheets for an I3 A4/9x12?

Or, I've heard of people making their own with craft store supplies. Any idea what would be a good analog for the good ol' smooth surface sheets that Wacom killed off with extreme prejudice?

Any help would be appreciated <3

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhmontes:
HMontes Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional General Artist
The optional replacement would be "self-adhesive laminating sheets". These are used for protecting photographs and documents. They are thin clear sheets with adhesive on one side. You can find them at most office supply or arts and crafts stores. In the 9x12 size there is the Avery brand, product number 467142. [link]
:icondamaimikaz:
DamaiMikaz Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Have you tried contacting Wacom over the issue?

I had the same problem a few years back when I wanted a replacement pen for an old tablet, that was out of stock. I emailed them, and they adviced me another pen that wasn't originally intended for the tablet, but did work on it. Maybe they have some good advice for you as well? :)
Add a Comment: