Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 13, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Cintiq not drawing on screen instead it moves the mouse pointer around on the desktop

:iconfrosen24:
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Ok so my cintiq DTI-50 wants to work sometimes while other times it does not. Here is the problem. Once I hook up my cintiq up to the laptop i began to draw on my cintiq screen with my cintiq pen and the cintiq won't recognize my pen at all, instead the mouse pointer on my laptop screen moves frantically. So if this makes sense my cintiq pen basically acts like a bamboo tablet instead of a pen that draws directly onto my cintiq. Please someone help. I turned my laptop and cintiq off, restarted my laptop and everything and sometimes it works while other times it doesnt want to. I even reinstalled my drivers numerous times.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongeekysideburns:
geekysideburns Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013   Digital Artist
Sounds like you have the display toggle on. Go into your wacom settings and turn it off.
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
how do i go into my wacom settings......like sometimes only sometimes does it do this. I go to my pen tablet settings and even my display settings and nothing happens. even though the computer says the main display was on the cintiq it still moved the mouse pointer around on the laptop screen.
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Is it installed correctly?
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
yes it is i mean it would work and once i have unplugged it or something i would even reinstall it again but it picks and chooses when it doesnt want to work
Add a Comment: