Different Cintiq's.

Okay so I have been looking around online for Wacom Cintiq's and there are alot of different models.. Some are cheap and some are brutally expensive. My question is, for someone who is just starting out does it make a huge different on which model you purchase?

I've seen PL-550's, DTK2200, DTK-2400, DTZ-2100, and DTK-2100.

All hopping from anywhere between 2-300 dollars to 5-800 and 1,000-2,500 dollars.

I was originally thinking about getting a Yiynova temporarily because it seemed like a good alternative but apparently its cheap for a reason...

I'm no pro and I may not ever be one, I just wanted something like this to fool around with as a little hobby, hence why I don't want to dish out 3 grand for something I wouldn't use professionally.
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It looks like a really great alternative! and from what I can see they are extremely cheap. It also looks like you can upgrade the ram on it and put windows 7 32bit on it. Though I am fine with XP sp3.

I see that it can use a detachable keyboard, is it possible for this tablet to use a usb mouse/keyboard to function also?

I think I definitely have my eye set on one now.. :)
hey i feel ya before i got my cheaper cintiq i got the motion computing le1600. look that up on amazon its not that expensive and by it used and type in on youtube drawing with the le1600 to see the results. that was the best thing i ever had as far as drawing on it espceically if i bought it and used sketchbook pro on it. Reason being is because this first generation tablet pc not only works off of windows xp it also has wacom digitizers in them which is what is inside wacom products that allows you to draw efficiently with no lag. i have heard of the yiynova and some say its ok from the forums that i read about it when i was researching this a year ago but at the same time more people i saw encountered problems with drivers, software, it not working occasionaly so i never bought it. like i said check out the le 1600 and i promise you you wont be dissappointed. most of my older pictures like: and were made with it.....and those are ancient old i improved since then. in my opinion you will get better with digital drawing once you get the hang of drawing on a screen , productivity increases dramatically. Happy drawing
Thanks for the reply! I did some looking around at the le1600 and it looks pretty neat and simple. So far only problem I've seen is the weight of the pen, which to me isn't an issue... I don't mind switching between brushes and brush sizes. Is the response time rather decent on it? for like doing quick sketch lines, etc ?
the pen isnt heavy and the response time like with quick sketching is superb here let me show you this [link] and this one is even better [link] I looked at both of those when i made my decision and it was great