Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 36

A warning about the Yiynova MSP19u

:iconpenningtonbeast:
PenningtonBeast Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I purchased the Yiynova MSP19u two weeks ago and was very excited for it to arrive due to all the positive reviews it has received on both Amazon and various art sites. However, upon installing the pen driver I noticed that the cursor is about an inch off from where I'm actually placing the pen and I cannot find any information available on how to fix the problem. Not to mention the instruction booklets that are included are written in broken English.

Now, after using it for ONE day only, I plug it in and it will not turn on. I hope I can get a full refund on this product, it is most definitely not worth the amount of money I spent on it and I'm severely disappointed.

Does anyone have any information or advice on how to correct either of these issues before I contact Amazon or The Panda City on Monday? If you do, I would GREATLY appreciate it.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconevian-dart:
Evian-Dart Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I can't find a msp19u for salem where can I purchase one?
PenningtonBeast Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I ordered mine through amazon.com but they may be sold out at the moment.
Evian-Dart Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
yes amazon.com doesn't have any, amazon.fr do but thats France!
PenningtonBeast Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Weird, it's not even listed on amazon anymore. Well, you could contact support@thepandacity.com and ask if they're going to be stocking more or if there was a recall, etc.
Evian-Dart Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
tks
I contacted panda and the 19u is "on the ocean and should be in store early Feb" Also they offered a 19u with "2 or 3" dead pixels delivered for $569 with one yr warranty.
:iconlycanthropeful:
lycanthropeful Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Check out Monoprice's tablets - I don't think they have Cintiq-like touchscreen ones, but they are insanely cheap and apparently just as reliable/sensitive as Wacom's, if not more.
:icongriffon-nage:
Griffon-Nage Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
The Msp19u use the same digitizer than Monoprice tablet :D (uc-logic)
PenningtonBeast Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
WELL, if I don't feel like the world's biggest dumbass.

My Yiynova is up and running again, the issue was with the power cord not being fully connected.

BUT, I'm still having issues with calibrating the pen, but thanks to a user on another thread I found ThePandaCity's (Yiynova's distributor from amazon.com) support email and hopefully I'll have the problem resumed later on.
So, it's working fine now ? Do you solve all of your problems ? :)
PenningtonBeast Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yep!
That's nice to hear ! Hope you enjoy it :)
Griffon-Nage Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
I own a msp19u and it work perfectly. By perfectly I mean : as a cintiq would do and I'm not joking or trolling, sorry for wacom fan :) (I own intuos for decade and still love wacom, no problem with that !)

BUT the wacom drivers are a pain in the ass to delete, I had really hard time to find them ALL (some do not have "wacom" in the title, you have to search for "tablet*.*"" file, "wc*.*" file and sometime even in your web plugin look for them... seriously I never though a driver can be that intrusive !).
I installed the Yiynova on my latop and my desktop, it work great for both of them (again, no joking, but one miss in your file hunting and you will have the same problems I had ^^ lag, 5 px paralax from your cursor, photoshop just not wanting to play with you...)

Let me know if I can help you more, it's a difficult quest but it worth it !
:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013
[link] - really bad website too.
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Professional Artist
Return it and get a Wacom. Don't even waste the time.
I'd love to get a wacom cintiq, unfortunately I don't have the luxury of spending $2,000 at the moment.
:iconshobonimaster:
shobonimaster Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You can get a Bamboo for $107 at Bestbuy(you can get one even cheaper if you buy it off Amazon.
Then get an intuos5. If you can't afford a cintiq then it's probably because you don't actually need a cintiq for anything.
:iconkopheay:
Kopheay Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Oh yeah. I DON'T HAVE 2000 DOLLARS, I must not be good at art.
It couldn't possibly be that I can't find work, or I have a family to support, or I need to pay medical bills, or pay off a mortgage, or I help my friends first, or I just donated to a cause other than myself.

Not having two grand to dump on something means you're bad at art, or else don't want to be good.
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Professional Artist
I think you might want to calm down a bit.

I'm not sure why you think you're bad at art. I mean, I know I never used the words 'art' or 'bad' in my post so I'm not entirely sure where you got that from? I'm sorry if you feel inadequate or something :shrug:. I'm even more sorry if you think that you need a Cintiq in order to be a good artist. I hate to point this out (naw, I love to point out the obvious) but there are a lot of amazing artists who don't use Cintiqs. Hell, there are a lot of amazing artists that don't even use computers.
:iconkopheay:
Kopheay Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Student Digital Artist
</sarcasm>
I suppose that was necessary in my comment.
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Feb 5, 2013  Professional Artist
:shrug: if you say so
How helpful.
:shrug: you bought an off-brand fly-by-night tablet on the cheap. It broke in less than a week. It's not going to get better with time.

So your best bet is to return it and get a better tablet. Or don't, doesn't matter to me.
If it does not matter to you why bother to reply? Some form of self-validation? Or are social skills just not your strong point?
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional Artist
Don't get mad at me because you didn't do good enough research. Everyone here knows the yinovas are shit. Upwards of 90% of the posts here are about tablets. There's a good reason we almost always suggest Wacom.
PenningtonBeast Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I did research for about 6 months before buying, everything I found said that Yiynova was a great alternative to the Cintiq, even if it only had the sensitivity levels of an Intous3 (which I own and I feel is sensitive enough). Trust me, if I had heard ANYWHERE that it would die on me 2 days after using it I wouldn't have bought it. Don't make assumptions.
(2 Replies)
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
Just out of curiosity, did you instal the drivers that came with it or did you get the drivers off the internet? Sometimes the drivers that come with tablets aren't the most up to date and they can cause problems. Try finding the drivers online and see if they are more recent then the ones you have. The tablet's website should have them.
I used the driver from the website and still had the problem. I tried uninstalling my Wacom tablet driver to see if it was interfering with the Yiynova driver but it would no longer turn on before I could test it.
:iconkatara-alchemist:
Katara-Alchemist Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student General Artist
Ah, that's to bad.
Add a Comment: