Closed to new replies
January 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Cintiq Problems

:iconmalbenthomas:
Malbenthomas Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Filmographer
Okay, guys. I'm having a problem with my cintiq 12wx. The screen is working, but my pen isn't working and my mac can't recognize it. Is there a problem with the pen or the computer?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm pretty sure the screen will work as an extra display without drivers but the pen is dependent on drivers. If the screen is working but not the pen then that might be the issue. A good start would probably be downloading the latest drivers from the Wacom website.
Malbenthomas Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Filmographer
I tried that about ten times, I even restarted the computer. For some reason, every time I go to system preferences the tablet menu states that " A supported tablet was not found on the system". I think the tablet itself may have a defect.
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It could just be that the digitiser is buggered. But it is certainly worth trying everything else before giving up.

What about the USB lead from the converter box to the computer? If that was out the screen would work but the computer wouldn't detect the tablet function. Try swapping the USB lead for another.
Malbenthomas Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Filmographer
Actually, it turns out that I had to go over to disk utilities and repair the disk. Thanks for the advice, though.
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I wouldn't have guessed that - but glad you are sorted!
Add a Comment: