Tablets?

Hello there fellow artists! My name is TameTheDragon, and I'm here with a question about a tablet you'd recomend for myself. But before you all start posting "omg just ask someone else lol", I have specific needs that I'd use one for.
-Something reasonably priced, under or around $300
-Easy to handle, use, and maintain
-Great with detail in drawings
-Highly used and recommended amongst those who draw anime (as this will be my main purpose for one if I were to purchase it)
-Touch screen that works very well with tiny drawings and changes
-Something that I can easily use to upload to dA with
Since most of my drawings are on notebook (lined) paper, it would look slobby if I went back to taking pictures of the art and posting it (as my scanner is stupid and useless). Please keep in mind that I'm only 13 and don't want to waste tons of money on a tablet that is definitely not worth investing in, especially since this is just a hobby and not a possible career I'm pursuing (I'm going into music :3). Otherwise, thanks for reading and I hope to hear of something that may work in the near future! Goodbye! :D
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I would have to disagree with achipps, to me a mouse is much harder to use than a tablet. Of course there is a learning curve to a tablet (like all things in life) however once you get the hang of it, life is so much easier.

Most artists don't advertise what they are using whether it is a mouse or tablet so thats just a complete generalization with no facts to back it up. I do however know for a fact, if you want to take your art to a higher level then a tablet is a crucial piece of equipment, no it doesn't automatically make you a great artist, it does however give you a great deal of speed. There is a reason you don't see professional digital artists using a mouse.

That being said I Love my bamboo, is a wonderful little tablet. I thought I needed a bigger more expensive tablet, and it wasn't long before I went back to using my bamboo exclusively and sold the intuos. I will seriously cry the day it stops working.
Alright, I talked to my mom and she said that I could get a Bamboo for my birthday.
:D thanks
You can get a older model on eBay for amazingly low. After I posted that I actually went and got a back up for mine so that when it does eventually kick the bucket I have a brand new one waiting to be used. The bamboo that I'm personally addicted to is the older model bamboo fun CTE450 I only paid $50 for it and its brand new sealed in the package....:) Good luck and I'm sure you will love which ever one you end up getting!!
Start with a Wacom Bamboo. You can get something higher end in a few years if you find yourself using the bamboo a lot.
That's what I had in mind! :D thanks
I agree, a Wacom bamboo is cheap and effective. Or I would look for a cheap Wacom Intuos 3. Step above the Bamboo but theyll both do the job fine.
Hmmm, I'll look into them both. Thanks!
That sounds like I can sell you any tablet and you just might buy the worse one if I make you thing it is the best.

Well, I am going to show facts. If you get a tablet you will need to learn how to use it. To do that you will need to stop using the mouse because that is to easy. You need to force yourself to get better with the tablet.

A lot of people will make you believe that a tablet is an artist tool, but the most use artist tool is really the mouse. There are thousands more artist using a mouse than there are people using a tablet, but they stay silent, and think one day they will get a tablet.

Think of why would you need to stop using a mouse if a tablet is better, because the mouse is easier, and you know how to use it better.

You can take advice from millions of artist, and people visiting art sites just to sell tablets, or you can loot at the art and take the advice of real artist that know what they are doing. When an artist uses a tablet, you should see something saying they use a tablet. If you don't see that then there is a great chance they use a mouse.
Ah I see what you're getting at. I've tried doing art with a mouse on MS paint because it's all I have, but it's just not right for me. However, I'll keep your advice in mind. Thank you very much. :)
Tablet? You mean graphics tablet? A Wacom Bamboo Splash or the old Bamboos will work just fine for anime. :)

With programs, I recommend PT SAI for anime drawings as well! Goodluck~
Thanks for the advice! The Splash looks like what I've been looking for. :)
You're welcome! And goodluck! ;)