Wacom software bundle cd wont work?

So i got a wacom bamboo create tablet for christmas, and it came with a cd to download various drawing softwares like autodesk sketchbook and coral painter essentials. When i put it in the cd drive on my parents computer, which has windows XP, the menu to download the stuff popped up immediately.
Recently i got a new sony laptop with windows 7, and when i put the cd in there, nothing happened. I tried manually doing it by clicking on the drive in my files, but still nothing happens. It'd say theres nothing in the drive.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this? if there is a way?...
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Have you checked your CD drive works with a different CD?
well, the disk to install the tablets preferences and software worked fine, and i even tested the drive by putting in 3 different cd's and movies to see if it works for specific cd's, but they all work fine. Its just the software bundle that wont show up, and the disk doesn't have 1 scratch or dirt/dust mark on it...
How unusual..on the plus side I looked on Wacom forums for you and there is someone experiencing the same problem. The wacom support staff said:

Please call our Customer Support line so that we can provide you with a download for these applications. From time-to-time, there is an issue with individual DVDs, so we can provide you with another one or an alternative way to get the software.

This was in 2010 but I'm sure the same policy will still applies. Good luck!
thank you so much! :D
No problem, did you fix it? :)
well, in the end i just downloaded the programs on my parents computer then transfered them to a flash drive, put it in my laptop, and uploaded the programs on there-

But im still gonna call them, because if this laptop breaks on me and i need a new one, i dont wanna risk running the cd on the new one and it still doesnt work

So again, thanx for the suggestion! :D
Oh okay, I suppose that was an easier way haha! All the best :)
Download the software from the vendor websites