Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Games running slow on widescreen monitor.

:iconhipnago:
Hipnago Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Hi, people. How are you?

First, sorry if this post is in the worng forum, or if the question itself is dumb.
I recently bought an LG E1951, 18;5 inches widescreen to replace my old 4:3 monitor, along with a new 1Gb ddr3 graphics card.

Point is, now some of my games run so slow, Zangied with both broken legs can defeat it on the 100 meters. For example: I was playing Call of Pripyat with the Misery mod, and it ran just fine, -at medium quality though- on my old monitor and that particular mod required a high end rig, which I really don't have. Now after installing the new widescreen it runs frustratingly slow even in vanilla (withouth the mod). I tried changing the graphics and resollutions several times, but it was just the same result.

My pc's stats before changing:
4:3 monitor, 1024 x 768 (native, but it could go up some more)
Intel Core I3-2100 3,10 Ghz
4Gb ram ddr3
Nvidia geforce gt220 ddr2 1Gb pci express
And with this, Call of Pripyat ran neatly, as well as my other games like Ghostbusters and Left4dead2.

The new stats:
Led widescreen LG 1366 x 768 native and max resollution.
Same core.
Same ram.
Nvidia Geforce 210 1Gb ddr3 pci express

Is it something with the new monitor, or is my system, or the graphics card? I'm really not very into this pc stuff, so I'm as lost as Freddy Kruger in a Bambi movie as to what to do. Please friends, any help would be very apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Lucky me, Left4dead 2 still runs fine, although at 1280 x 720, I can't run it at a higher resolution either. LotRO works fine. I haven't even tried Ghostbusters, I'm afraid my liver would explode.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
wait you went from a Geforce 220 to a 210? That's a downgrade. Why would you do that at all!?
Hipnago Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Thanks a lot, I'll try changing back to the old card, see what happens. Guess in the end, the problem was me and my budget and not the pc.
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Downloading the latest drivers for your current graphics card is always a good start if you are having problems.

But like pyrohamstr said if you really have gone from a GT220 to a 210 then that is your problem. The specifications are as follows;
[link]
[link]
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Artist
So...you have it as going from a gt220 to a 210?

Can you check those specs and clarify for us? Because if it's correct as written then the problem is obvious...
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
:iconbillgatesplz: All you really need is 4k memory
Hipnago Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013
Damn, sorry I forgot to add my system: It's windows 7 64b.
Add a Comment: