Closed to new replies
January 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

New laptop now or later

:icon1q2w3e4r5t6y:
1q2w3e4r5t6y Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I'm in the market for a new laptop as my old one is coming on 3.5 years, and is a dell, so I was looking at this [link]

as a new laptop. I'm interested in gaming so I was looking at the graphics card and I was wondering whether I should wait for the next generation of gpu as I have heard that the 700 series is coming out in march: "Nvidia will refresh Kepler family no earlier than in March, 2013, in a bid to increase performance of its graphics offerings by 25% - 30%" [link]

If I could get some advice on this I would appreciate it.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpr-imagery:
PR-Imagery Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If your computer works fine, wait.
I'm just not sure how much longer it will last, and I'd rather get a computer on discount.
:iconpr-imagery:
PR-Imagery Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh wait till April/March/May when the new hardware comes out and buy current gen at reduced costs.

If you're not having trouble with it, its not likely to randomly crap out given how old it is.
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
my dell laptop from 2008 still works really well (almost like new since I keep it pretty clear and maintained). As long as your hardware works, it will be just fine.
:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If it's gaming I recommend configuring a laptop with Puget [link] or Maingear [link] .
I would be interested, but that would be too expensive for me, I'm looking for something good under 600 dollars, and I'm planning on buying a desktop eventually when I really want to game.
Add a Comment: