Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1

Acer aspire series 7 and Asus Zenbook (UX series) - has anyone used these for photoshop etc?

:icon13era:
13Era Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Here's my issue. I need a LIGHTWEIGHT ultrabook that i could take with me to the university and back nearly every day, and use for tablet drawing - Paint Tool Sai, photoshop, etc.
There will be absolutely no gaming or other activity - just drawing, painting and occasional web browsing. I do however want a somewhat decent performance, as much as i can get from an ultrabook, so as to make sure my photoshop doesnt lag or work terribly slow etc.

After much searching and comparing, it seems like the two models i mentioned (asus zenbook UX and Acer aspire S7) might be what im looking for. However before i dish out a quite considerable amount of my cookie fund money, i wanted to know if someone has used any of the above models before, or knows/heard something about them that might be of use to me?

Cheers in advance

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconholly-mellor:
Holly-Mellor Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Heya, the Acer is better. It offers an i7 ivybridge processor that can be clocked up to 3.0GHZ compared to the i7 sandybridge in the asus( I believe what all the websites are saying it has) that has a lower clock speed to maintain battery life and heat.

However, I think both notebooks will do the job you are after. The acer even stretching to gaming on low detail most likely. However, it's more expensive than the Asus, so it's up to you! I'm not an expert at computer stuff though!
Add a Comment: