Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

My computer won't let me re-install my tablet! Anyone know which driver I should install?

:iconrovaa:
Rovaa Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist
I think it's a somewhat old tablet I have. It's only called Bamboo I reckon, and the model is MTE-450A. The problem is, I have two installation discs but either my computer won't start the installation, or when the installation is almost complete it shuts down D:

I've downloaded several drivers but none work! Can somebody help me out? :(

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
1. Uninstall anything that you computer lists as software or drivers for the device
2. download and install most recent driver from here: [link]
But are you sure that the most recent drivers work with the oldest tablet? Because I did download a new driver but ended up with the same result, I just wouldn't let me install it. :/
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
which os are you using?
Windows 7!
That's good. 7 usually installs drivers automatically. Knowing that the only thing you'll be downloading is the driver utility to customize the pressure sensitivity and such. Is that what you're having problems with?
Oh I think the problem's solved! I tried downloading multiple drivers from the page you linked, and apparently one worked :) At least finally the pressure sensitivity's back. Phew! I did a complete reset of my computer yesterday, and it's been acting strange since then. But it's done over 200 updates during the latest hours so I guess it's finally back on track again.

Thank you very much for the support!
200 updates? Was this a fresh install of windows 7? If it was I'm surprised you were so pressed on getting your drivers so quickly
Nah, my computer's just been a bit off lately, so I wanted to restart the whole thing. I've had it for about 2 years though. Guess I'm a bit impatient though..
Add a Comment: