Closed to new replies
December 30, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Anyone who uses scanners; a question

:iconneonrainn:
NeonRainn Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've lately been looking into scanners for drawings (lead pencil, ink/pen, and coloured pencil) I've asked a few different people and I've been told different things; over whether 600dpi or 1200dpi is better quality for scanning. File size/time to scan is no matter to me (if push did come to shove I could re-size but yeah) People have told me 1200dpi isn't "That much better" but I have nothing to compare it to to see with my own eyes if I believe 1200dpi is better than 600 and worth the money for a more expensive scanner. What are your opinions on the matter?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbobateaaddict:
BobaTeaAddict Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
I do own a scanner (Canon) but I don't know much about the qualities.
Nokari seems to know his stuff though.
:iconnokari:
nokari Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Is this because you found a cheap scanner that only scans up to 600dpi? If so, don't buy it. That's crap. I've never had a scanner that couldn't do at least 1200dpi. A scanner with high dpi ranges is a sign of a quality scanner. Something that is cheap and gives you very few options is most likely going to be bad quality.
Even if you don't use 1200dpi all the time, it's still a better idea, because it allows you to make images twice as big, including photos. It's better to have something too big and be able to make it smaller resolution, than to have something with not enough resolution.
Add a Comment: