Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 5

Weird problem with windows or my mouse or something. Need help!

:iconricochet188:
ricochet188 Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Not entirely sure what the heck is happening. Just about 10 minutes ago I was just browsing the interwebs when suddenly I couldn't click on anything. I figgured firefox had crashed. So I hit ctrl alt delete and closed firefox. To my suprise it closed instantly and with no windows "send report" message came up.

I brought up firefox again and the same thing happened. Then I noticed on my desk top as I moved my mouse around the screen without clicking anything the right click options kept popping up as if I was right clicking all the time. and when I try to type it pops up even more frequently.

I restarted the computer and it didn't solve anything.

Not sure what the eff is going on... any help?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrandommonkies:
Randommonkies Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student Digital Artist
use FIRE.
:iconpeepook:
Peepook Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Student General Artist
Had that problem once. Make sure you don't have any crappy Bluetooth mice lying around
:iconsamiraku:
Samiraku Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've had that happen to me before with two different mice. The cursor would travel on it's own and open stuff every 15 minutes or so. I googled for a solution and it wasn't what I expected: get rid of the mouse mat! Now I use just the desk surface and haven't had that problem since.
It seems that sometimes mouse can be sensitive to any dirt or uneven surfaces even though some are supposed to work well on anything. Keep your surface clean and flat and if your mouse doesn't like it, try a sheet of paper underneath.

Sometimes it could be a stuck key or a virus though.
:iconstarscoldnight:
StarsColdNight Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Or the mouse button is stuck or is a virus :/
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Photographer
First check your keyboard to see if any keys are stuck down. Then, if you can, check your device driver.
Add a Comment: