Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Windows 7 defender virus help

:iconalexis-oma:
Alexis-OMA Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012   General Artist
Ive pretty much raped the internet from info on how to deal with this virus, on my design laptop.
thank god this netbook is okay.
do any of you know how to get rid of this virus?
the main issue of the matter is that, it wont let me open up my web browser to download anything
i've tried multiple ways of getting rid of it
and just when things
start looking up

dead end....
can any of you fellow deviants help end my misery.
thanks

oh btw
i just got a tablet my 1st one, its just staring at me
....but i cant use it until i fix this issue...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconglassperegrine:
GlassPeregrine Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
Another helpful step is to run Mbam from safe mode. Be careful with that particular virus, though. I ended up having to go into my registry and manually remove the processes even after my pc was clean. (I don't recommend that way. I've killed enough OSes to know only a fraction of what not to change/delete.) For future reference, I'd recommend DVD-RW and external hard-drive back-ups to attempt avoiding the process again.
:iconroyminnett:
RoyMinnett Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
My little bro's computer was once infected with a same kind of virus. That was rogue (fake antivirus), which would not allow any app to open, not even browser.

You can try out what @DoctorV23 said, you can give this software a try. But the problem with my bro's computer was, that rogue (fake anti virus/malware) didn't allow to open browser, so we couldn't download anything.

What I did then, I opened the "task manager" -> "Processes" and killed that process (fake anti virus) by right clicking and selecting "end process tree". It allowed me to open browser. But that malware opened again and again by itself, and I kept on ending it.

I downloaded malwarebytes anti malware from download dot com, and it successfully removed that malware and his computer was absolutely fine.

[link]
:iconhara-sura:
Hara-Sura Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
What Doctor said and remember USB drives are your friend. Remember to scan the drive clean before you put it into any other computer. Also keep in mind there are some offline antivirus programs out there (Microsoft makes one for free) that will boot off a USB drive or CD and scan a Windows system while the Windows image itself is not running.
:icondtrinidad:
DTrinidad Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Does your laptop have a recovery partition on the hard drive? If all else fails, access it to restore your laptop back to the day you first bought it. Be sure to back up any important files before doing this.
:iconjedah3:
jedah3 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
What the Doctor ordered... if your browser is not working, maybe you can use your phone to download the above programs; then transfer to your computer via USB (or SDCard reader if your phone has an SD card)?
:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
1. Download and run rkill: [link] - it attempts to shut down malicious processes which interfere with scanning (there's a description on the page).
2. Directly after running rkill (don't restart the computer), update and run MawarebytesAntimalware (free version, quick scan): [link] and remove anything detected.

-let us know how it goes :)
Add a Comment: