Hooking up my HP Pavilion computer to my Vizio TV. No VGA output port in my PC. Need help!

I just learned it's possible to connect my new tv to my computer!
I have a HP Pavillion All-in-one computer (Not a laptop) and with my new Vizio 32” TV, I was kinda hoping there’d be a way to connect it to my computer and make it a second screen for it. Would be nice huh?

Only one problem.

My Computer doesn’t appear to have a VGA port or an S Video port (Port or output/input?) (Same goes for my TV on that last one, but it does have a VGA port ) I tried looking on the sides and underneath for an output, but nope. (And it doesn't have an HDMI port either)

So my question is:
Is there another way to connect my computer to my tv by another cable? Or am I out of luck on this one?

Sorry if this has been asked before or if I posted this in the wrong section.
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
does it have an HDMI out?
TV does, computer doesn't.
then you're probably not going to be able to do it. But with an all in one I can't imagine needing to connect it to a TV in the first place.
You need one of these [link]
I forgot to mention that once you connect them, it's real easy to select different monitor settings: [link]
You will need one of two things for your computer: Either a new video card that has a VGA and/or HDMI port in addition to a DVI port for your current monitor (~$40 for a cheap one) or you will need to get an adapter. 
There are various kinds of adapters that allow for DVI to HDMI, DVI to VGA or DVI to 2 different types. If you have 2 DVI ports on your video card for 2 monitors, get an adapter for one and then the corresponding VGA or HDMI cable to plug in the TV.
If you only have a single port on your current video card, then you will need a splitter adapter that goes DVI to DVI+VGA or DVI to DVI+HDMI. You plug in to the port you're using for your current monitor, plug in that monitor into the DVI side of the splitter and then plug in a VGA or HDMI cable from your TV input to the VGA or HDMI side of the splitter, depending on which you get.

So to review, you need either a new video card that has multiple output ports or a splitter adapter + VGA or HDMI cable based on which adapter you get. You will need a VGA or HDMI cable for the TV regardless of your choice, but getting a cable and adapter/splitter is the cheapest option.
The whole video card thing is going to be confusing for me. I'll have to look into it a bit more before I decide to do anything so I don't ruin my computer.

Thanks for a reply. This helps quite a bit!
Changing a video card is very easy. The hard part is just figuring out which ones are compatible for your computer. But yeah, using a splitter is easier and more likely cheaper.
The HP all-in-one is a screen/computer combo. It has no video outputs and it can't accept a video card.
It's an crappy HP AIO. Although it does have a mini pci-e x1 slot, it has zero video output options. They'll need a usb display solution.
In that case, it's a piece of shit.
What are the models of the computer and the TV? You can get HDMI to VGA cables if your laptop has HDMI
The model for my computer is MS227 for my TV it's E320AR I don't have a laptop. It's a desktop computer.