Canon EOS 450d no longer connects to Mac

I have had this camera for several years, and have had no problem connecting it to my computer to both upload images and use computer control, until yesterday.
Now, when I try to connect, the camera displays the "busy" signal, then reverts to normal shooting mode and I am unable to access it via my computer.
I have tried using different USB ports and cables to no effect, the rest of my equipment connects fine.
I am still using the same OS and have not received any recent software updates.

Any ideas?

Thanks! =)
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My Canon 500D doesn't appear in my devices either, but when I open Preview I can go to File and I see an 'Import from Canon 500d' option. Same in photoshop.
I tried with photoshop, and it doesn't show up there, never occurred to me to try with preview, I'll give it a go.
Thanks!
Yeah my photoshop keeps bugging a lot, sometimes it works sometimes it crashes right in the middle of a transfer, but Preview is flawless.
If this doesn't work for you (once I dont know which OS you have), I'm sure any other simple and free image viewing software will do the trick, as long as there's an Import option :)

Cheers
Tiago
I tried preview with no joy, but you gave me the idea to try a few other programs.
Strangely, adobe bridge works. Communicates with the camera fine, and can then open the files in photoshop.
It's weird how after years of using the EOS utility, it should suddenly stop working, I even tried re-installing it, but no luck.
Ah well, just have to use bridge from now on.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Rich. =)
Is it detecting the device properly?
No, it's not showing up at all. The camera still functions as a camera though, it just won't connect.
I wonder if your device detection driver is messed up.
Maybe try reinstalling the camera firmware
How do I do that?
Doesn't seem to be an update for your camera.

Only related threads I could find.
[link]
[link]
Thanks, I'll check these out. =)