Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 12

Wacom 12wx worth buying? or should I skip and get the 24hd?

:icongrimm-dream:
Grimm-Dream Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student
I currently use the bamboo tablet but my cord for it broke and I'm looking to buy a new one, seeing how my bamboo is over 4yrs old, I was thinking of getting an on screen one I was wondering if I should get hte 12wx or the 24hd I've saved up enough and can afford either but would it be better for me to start small and then get the larger one later? Or should I just get the 24hd? :/

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
I own the 12. Its just fine. It isnt small. It feels nice like a sketchbook. Ive had mine for 3.5 years now and i still dont have any issues with it(still on the 1st nib lol). The size is fine, remember you can zoom. The colors on the tablet are great. The 12 would be good for now then in a few years when your better and done with school and working, Then investing into the 24 or 22 might be a better option. DO you need the huge size now??? id say no you dont need it. You can produce great stuff on the 12. Like they say "its not the size that matters it how u use it" lol

at least with the 12 you can bring it to school(dont get it stolen) good luck lugging around the 24hd.

Get the 12 you wont regret it.

FYI i cords arnt an issue not a pain to deal with. NO matter how u shake it hooking up a table to you laptop or desktop will have cords ect.

All my stuff in my gallery was done on the 12 [link] [link]
:iconmattcombsart:
MattCombsArt Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012
tablet*
Grimm-Dream Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student
:) great to hear it works well ahaha yes I do plan on bringing it to school if I get the 12 *sigh* a little iffy about it seeing how I've got a 2hrs worth of commuting to get to my school :( I guess I'll just hide it in my backpack or be a weirdo and hold on to the damn thing for dear life ahaha. I probably will get the 12 for now and see how things pan out I've seen a few pics it looks decent sized and leaves me more money in the end for school :) thank you and nice work by the way :) air brushing is hard I tried once.... it was an epic fail D:
:iconassasserik:
Assasserik Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student General Artist
i got me the 22HD it's a bit smaller than the 24 but is still huge and works super well... and it's cheaper!
:iconwhenwolveshowl:
whenwolveshowl Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
i just got the
wacom: pen and touch, just ondering if you guys think it is good since i havent been able to try cause i cant use till christmas
They work great it just takes time getting used to looking at your monitor and drawing I have the older version of the one you have so yours will definetly work better than mine lol
:iconwhenwolveshowl:
whenwolveshowl Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
lol thanks i hope i get used to it i have ran out of paper and need to do loads of artwork for people
:iconcosmic-doodle:
Cosmic-doodle Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The 12wx looks quite small to me. Like it might be awfully cluttered when drawing programs are in use. Plus I believe I've heard people say its colours aren't quite right, don't quote me on it though.
If you could, I'd go for the larger models. Or get an intous model. :#1:
the screen doesnt bother me much its decent sized I just wish they made it 8x11 like paper rather than 10x6 because 6inches in hieght is a little small for me I'm thinking I might go cheaper because I still need money for school atleast with the smaller one I can bring it with me to use in school but then again with the larger model I'd have more space to work on and my work would be nice ughhhh decisions decisions :P
:iconcosmic-doodle:
Cosmic-doodle Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Do remember that the 12wx still has bulky cords I.E not as portable as you may think. :nod:
Add a Comment: