Help With Choosing Between Two Laptops

So, for around the past month (maybe a little bit longer), I have been shopping all over in stores and on the internet for a laptop. I have looked into many, explored extensively, and considered many options (Memory, hard drive space, graphics card, resolution, size, etc.). It is very difficult deciding, but I think I have narrowed it down to two laptops which are within reason with my price range (preferably $800 or lower). I will be using the laptop for graphic design mainly, doing mostly vector art (Illustrator), but also using pixel-based software for photo-editing (Photoshop) more sparingly. I may eventually purchase a video-editing software (such as Sony Vegas or something similar) to do some videos even more sparingly, although the video-editing is of little concern to me, as I mainly stick with vectors. And yes, i am aware that each of these laptops has integrated graphics. Unfortunately, at my price range, it is difficult to find a really good laptop with good resolution AND a dedicated graphics card which would suit me.So, I would like to know which one of these following laptops, based on my criteria, would work best, and why? Anybody that has used either previously that could offer good insight?

[link]

[link]

Finally, would anybody here have any suggestions of laptops which may be within my price range and work good for me, other than these ones? Also, I want a 15.6"-17.3" screen size.

Thanks very much, and hi everybody! This is my first post on DeviantART forums!

-Dale
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Sweet! Thanks guys. I'm actually considering both suggestions (which are both the same laptop) now. Definitely looks like a much better deal.
I'd go with this for a 17" [link] while its on sale.
Given the two options the toshiba looks much better. Granted they haven't been doing as well on their machines in recent years, but you're getting a faster processor, expandable memory, and a larger hard drive.

You could do better for your money though with this one: [link]