Closed to new replies
December 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Drawing tablets for total amature

:iconmarinechaos:
Marinechaos Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
Hello let me cut to the chase here, I want to buy a Wacom Tablet, Either the Bamboo Capture pen and tablet or the Wacom Splash pen and tablet.

My reasons for choosing these is that im pretty sure i can go into bestbuy and buy it, i don't like to order stuff online. (paranoid) so i just want quick feed back in case you guys have used either on of these in the past or currently. Also what the difference between the Bamboo and slash are, should i spend the extra $20 bucks for a bamboo or is the slash good enough for a noob like myself.

Thanks guys Also any problems that would render any of these useless! i have basic RAM on my computer and im running Illustrator CS6 to draw. Will i lag a lot?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmarinechaos:
Marinechaos Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
I got the Wacom Splash and its great, thanks for the replies guys
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Professional Artist
If Illustrator doesn't lag now the tablet won't lag any more or less.

Get the Capture. The multi-touch can be useful for zooming and whatnot.

Read more here: [link]
:iconblack-chimaera:
Black-Chimaera Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Professional Filmographer
Get the cheapest one. No need to go overboard on your first tablet, especially if you never tried one before. They feel a lot different than paper and will take some time getting used to. After that well they are just great! :la:

I don't see why it would lag. What is basic RAM to you?

I still use my first tablet btw, had it for three years and it was the cheapest bamboo available at the time.
Add a Comment: