Closed to new replies
December 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Laptop Reccomendations Needed

:iconpaintedcanid:
PaintedCanid Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I am possibly getting a laptop for Christmas and I wanted to know can anyone recommend any that are good with Photoshop CS? I am on a budget of $450 so I know my options may have cons and possibly drawbacks but that's as high as I can go. I'll primarily be using it to surf the net, occasionally watch videos on youtube, but I'll doing a lot of drawing and painting in with an Intuos4 Small in Photoshop and I like to create layouts and roleplaying games. I prefer something with a 15.6" screen or larger.

I'm confused with which brands may be suitable. I know Apple is really good but that's way over what I can afford. I was also thinking of getting a 4gb refurbished 17" hp pavilion with extra ram but the stories I've heard on their refurbs scare me away.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
That's a really low budget for a laptop these days. You may be able to find a refurbished older model on amazon, tiger direct, newegg, or ebay, but refurb. models can been hit and miss. Generally though you'll want to look for something with at least 4-6GB of ram.
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
HP Elitebook or Dell Precision Mobile Workstation running Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate.
:iconblack-chimaera:
Black-Chimaera Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Professional Filmographer
Get as much power as you can for the price. I have a 4 years old Acer, my sis has a 3 years old Toshiba, and they are both in good condition. Get new if you can, you can get 4GB of RAM and a 15,6'' screen. If you plan to carry it everyday, it's probably the biggest screen size that can be transported without too much hassle.
:iconpaintedcanid:
PaintedCanid Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Sorry for the title mispelling xD Had a brain fart there
Add a Comment: