Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

help with my cintiq tablet alternative not coming on

:iconfrosen24:
fROSEn24 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Help please!!!!!!!!!! I got a motion computing le1600 a few months ago as an cintiq alternative and it worked perfectdly but my tablet pc dropped and now it no longer will even turn on anymore. like it used to but only the screens pixels were messed up but now the screen is black. and before i dropped it i think it was a bad model because it wouldnt even turn on unless it was plugged in even if it was fully charged. im new to the tablet pc's but i dont think they are too different from regular computers. those i understand how to troubleshoot but i dont know how to begin to take this one apart. does anyone know where i could get it fixed or what exactly is the problem that can be fixed.........i want to get back drawing on it thank you

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Professional Artist
It sounds like you bought it heavily used and the battery was bad. When you dropped it it sounds like the screen broke. The older battery tech doesn't last long. Especially since used tablets like that often come from nursing stations or schools that just use them/charge them constantly.

There's nothing you can do if it won't turn on at all. The thing is basically a fujitsu stylistic clone and I can tell you from personal experience that taking them apart fucks up the digitizer on the back of the screen.

They aren't different in the lowest-level hardware but the chips are all soldered directly to the board to save space and power. You can't just pop pieces in and out like you can on a desktop. The HDD and the RAM you usually can but those are unlikely to be your problem if it won't turn on at all.

To be honest, I highly doubt there really is anything you can do about it. Parts are going to be difficult to get because it's so old. You should check the power connection. The DC jacks tend to break. Not impossible to replace if you know how to reflow a part on a motherboard... Not easy either. You might get lucky and find a cheap motherboard. Or maybe one on ebay with a broken screen that you can harvest a working motherboard from.
hmmmmmm i see best bet is just to try to save up for a used fujitsu dang i figured some of what u said would have happened. well i dont have the time to fix it in college and all :( thanks much
You would be better off spending the money on an iPad
nah i got the samsung galaxynote 10.1 and its awesome with responsiveness and it had wacom digitizers in em alon with gorilla glass. ipad i dont think they have it...well thats what the best buy guy said and plus they are overpriced with a slightly smaller screen than galaxynote. the only thing i dont like about all these tablet pc's and the ipad or galaxynote is they are great for sketching and even coloring but i do manga and they dont really have a big enough screen for the small swipes or fine black lines of details
The iPads use Either Gorilla Glass or Dragontrail Glass. I mean, Gorilla Glass was originally brought to market for the iPhone so the iPad either has it or something that's the same from another vendor.

The galaxy note 10.1 is good too :shrug: just zoom in a lot to do fine lines.
yea zooming in has horrible quality and then the canvas is preset to only one size. it sucks only because of that
Add a Comment: