Closed to new replies
December 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Microsoft Surface Pro for art???

:iconrluto77:
rluto77 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Hi evveryone. I've been reading about the MS Surface Pro coming out in jan 2013 and how it can run full photoshop and will come with a pen.

Does anyone think this will become a great tablet for full blown digital art? I'm having trouble finding out how pressure sensitive it will be.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

rluto77 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
Thanks for all the info, this is a really interesting discussion. The surface pro having poor pressure sensitivity would be a huge shame in my opinion.
:iconhemiolan:
hemiolan Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
gotta withdraw my previous statement :( wacom has removed Surface from their Bamboo stylus feel's compatibility list, extensive discussions at tabletpcreview also show a high chance that MS is going to is other technology
:iconvideogamedrawer:
VideoGameDrawer Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Pressure sensitivity is 256 levels. All tablet PCs have the same amount of pressure sensitivity. I have a tablet PC called the Le1700. I feel almost NO difference between my intuos 4 which has over 2000 lvls of pressure sensitivity and my le1700. You will be fine if you get the microsoft surface!
:iconhemiolan:
hemiolan Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
Surface uses wacom digitizer (need to dig up wacom's site for this info). It will therefore have no problem running ps or Sai
:iconsaki-guzman:
saki-guzman Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Well, one nice thing about the Surface is that it will probably run Paint Tool Sai, too. I'm just curious as to whether it's using a Wacom digitizer screen/pen and if so, how many pressure levels it will have.

If only it weren't too expensive. :(
:iconpr-imagery:
PR-Imagery Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well you should be able to get a pressure sensitive/better stylus for it considering its running full Windows. As I understand, what it comes with is only good for writing.
rluto77 Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
Also essentially I'm really wanting to get a mobile device wether its a tablet or other that has a great digitizer and pen and can run full photoshop.any suggestions? Price needs to be around or under a thousand us dollars.
Add a Comment: