DVD players with faster play

The old school VCR was pop in the tape in within seconds it would work. I have a MAGNOVOX, so it takes several more seconds just to 'load' a DISC a plain DVD.

Do blue rays load faster? Or is that just how digital era is with slower load time.

Just curious. Thanks.
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
the JVC players use a higher amp motor on their disc players and they do spin faster, and their actuator and their relays also use more juice and better components, however, these players cost a lot.
i've never noticed it taking longer to load up a dvd than playing a tape, in fact i've had way more issues with vhs players so when dvd's came out i was very happy. if it's taking more than 10 seconds for the disc to load and start playing, you might either need a newer dvd player, or clean your discs with rubbing alcohol before putting them in
Well mine is well old-ish. 2007 maybe? I used to pop in the tape, hit play then in like 3 seconeds load.

Loading has this long box for a messaing, like:

"Loading.

"Loading...

"Loading...

"Loading........"

Then it finally loads

They usually are clean. I have even cleaned the DISC player.. plastic 'mouth' whatever you call it. That round section you place it that then goes in. Not a techy.

Maybe I should get a DISC cleaner to clean inside it. It's the same one that ate my tape, the others in the house are ALL acting insane and eating tapes.
yeah you might need to get a head cleaner
Oh.

I tried the vcr cleaner, but it doesn't fix the 'eat up' tape issue.

Thank you.
Lol yeah, that just means its time for a new one, or it needs a few repairs