Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

tablet qustion's

:iconpalandrose:
Palandrose Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
ok i have an intu0e 4 (bought it at frys like 3 years ago on sale) and the pen has vanished over the passing of time, so first off can any Wacom tablet pen work on it. i have goggled and yea.... not a whole lot came up that was helpful (could have been how i worded my search query though)and as i don't want to drop 60+ bucks on a pen if i don't have to.. that would be good to know

second: if i have to buy the pricey pen, id rather opt out and buy a new tablet with much larger area (the intuos4 i have is the small version) what would you guys suggest i buy? mind you the intuos had alot of functionality i really didn't use any ways. i mean its a pisser i have this tablet sitting here getting dust on it but yea....

any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconscholarwarrior-lad:
scholarwarrior-lad Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think there's a generic replacement one that's not quite but almost universal. I completely forget the product number though. :headache:
Palandrose Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
bah that's mue nobueno... well at least i can add that to my search query... also you should look up the book "mind hopper" by James B Johnson.
scholarwarrior-lad Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Sounds good. Hey I think Toshiba or somebody started making graphics tablets awhile back recently too. Not sure how good they are though but they're definitely much cheaper than the Wacom ones.
Palandrose Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
yea i hear the nexus to also grants you that ability... been thinking on going that rout, more functionality for the price
scholarwarrior-lad Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
They even started rolling out quad core mobile phones that allow you to multitask :dizzy: It's incredible.
Palandrose Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
i still don't use a Mobil phone.... though the tablets they have like the nexus 7 have made me wounder if i should buy one of them instead of a tablet for my pc... they seem to have a lot of art capability and even use styluses.
scholarwarrior-lad Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Have you seen the ads for some of those new hybrid laptops where when you close it up you can use it as a tablet because there's a touch screen on the back of the monitor half?
Palandrose Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
yea, those look realy fancy, but really breakable... and im sure id try and do something stupid with it like make it play a game its not supposed to and fry the system.... thast why i stick to desktop's
Palandrose Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
hmm seems folks on this site are not as inclined to offer help and so forth as i had hoped...
Add a Comment: