November 29, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

My computer is acting funny

:iconpitluver-47:
PitLuver-47 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Wasn't sure if this belonged in the software and OS forum or the Hardware forum

I am using Windows 7 and my computer started to act strange. It was fine early morning, but a few minutes ago it started to act strange. The mouse won't move normally(it would move a little at a time), when I click on the search bar; it would automatically close if I leave it and then it would open and then close repetitively. When I try to type in any search bar, it would let me write backwards(when I type a word in the curser would move to the left like I'm indenting a word).

When I tried running a scan with my Norton Anti virus, it said that there is nothing wrong with the computer. When I tried to update my touch pad; it said it was running normally. I then tried emptying the cache and cookies and restarting my computer, but it didn't work.

Then I tried a System Recovery(which isn't really helping me) and I ended up in a continuous loop of the recovery system screen coming on then the computer shutting down without rebooting. :\

tl;dr My computer was acting funny, I tried to do a system recovery which failed and keeps bringing me back to the recovery screen and will never reboot and bring me to the regular screen. How do I get back to my normal screen?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpr-imagery:
PR-Imagery Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Can you start in safe mode?
PitLuver-47 Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
Whenever I went to safe mode. The screen where I password did not show my account number and when the desktop showed, the names of the files, and programs are missing. Additionally, when I click on one of them my computer will crash or will show the Blue Screen of Death.
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
Norton? well there's your problem right there.
PitLuver-47 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
Norton is not a good anti virus scanner I guess? :o Are there any others you recommend?
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
AVG
Avast
Avira
Microsoft Security Essentials
Comodo

Those are all pretty good. It's also good to pick up CCleaner and run that once every month or so to "clear out the cobwebs" so to speak.
PitLuver-47 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
Cool, I will check on these. =) Thanks.
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Professional Artist
Get a Windows 7 disk and do a repair install. You might also want to make an Ubuntu live USB, boot to it, and backup everything. Then just reinstall windows cleanly.
PitLuver-47 Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
Ok, I will try that. Thanks. :D
Add a Comment: