Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

Which one? [ Tablet Help! ]

:icondawnface:
Dawnface Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, I've been really considering on buying a tablet for well over a year now, and I need a bit of help.

(I've been quite fixated on the Bamboo Create ever since I've wanted one, but my financial situation really fit to that, haha. I know that there are other places for me to purchase it besides the site itself, too, where I could get it cheaper. I just want to focus on which would be better for me, as a first time user?)

Which would be better for me to get, a Bamboo Create or the Slash?

I've read through reviews, overviews, and everything, but it would help if I got some advice from people on here, too if it's possible. :>
It would be my first tablet for one thing, but I warm up and learn how to use software and things like this easily/quickly. Working space isn't that important to me, but it I would prefer it to be larger. Currently I'm working with both a Windows 7 and a Vista, and the programs I work with are PS5, but mainly Paint Tool SAI.

Thanks for the help!

-

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrthbn:
RTHBN Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
I don't have the Create but I have it's brother, the Pen&Touch. It's quite a nifty little tablet, very sturdy/well made. The drawing surface has become very well worn in some places but it's still working at the same level it did when I first got it. The nibs on the pen don't wear down very quickly so they will last you a while. I really like this tablet, it's become my go-to guy for everything. I highly recommend getting a smaller tablet for your first tablet, I wish I'd gotten this as my first instead of my third because it's perfectly portable and easy to work with because of its small size and later on when you get a fancier tablet you can get a larger size to keep at home.. That's my opinion, anyway! I got a large Intuos3 for my first tablet, and my learning curve was quite steep because it was hard working with such a large one right off the bat. I found it was much easier to learn how to use a small one and then a large one.. Of course I didn't find that out until after the purchase of my large Intuos4!

I'd also recommend those two highly, they're great tablets and the only bad thing I have to say about either of them is that the texture on the Intuos4, while it feels great, can wear down pen nibs quickly unless you use the hard black ([inking?] nibs) if you don't have a very light touch.

I don't have experience with the Create or Slash (never even heard of it!) but I hope my experience with other Wacom products helped! ;u;
Dawnface Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Wow, thank you so much! This as helped a lot. I does make since that starting out with a smaller tablet compared to a larger one would be earier, now that I think about it. I looked up the Pen&Touch, so that is another option for me that I'll definitely have to consider, thank you for the advice! ;3;
How long does it usually take before you have to replace the nibs on the pen for the Pen&Touch, if you don't mind me asking?
RTHBN Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
It's been, I dunno, eight months or so since I started using the Pen&Touch and I'm only just now thinking about changing the nib for the first time. It does come with a package of five nibs, I think? I'm not 100% sure but I think that's right. I also have a very heavy touch so I wear nibs down really quickly compared to others. The nibs it comes with are very nice feeling, too, by the way.
Dawnface Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh, I see. I myself also have quite a heavy touch, when it comes to drawing traditionally anyway, so that's quite good that they last a while and come with a nice amount of extra nibs.
Thank you!
RTHBN Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
No problemo. Hope you find your perfect match!
:iconvespanch:
Vespanch Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
So,i have Wacom Bamboo tablet,and it is very great!I had a problem something like this,before i get tablet.The Wacom Bamboo tablet is the best(you can see posts on internet).I saw some critiques,and people(who had tablet) said the wacom is the best! So if you want buy a tablet,buy Wacom!:D That's all!
Thanks! n.n
If it's alright I ask, which one do you have? c:
It's not a problem ^^ I have CTH661,but the intuos and the pen&touch(and the others..) are very great too! If you want,you can see more info about the wacom tablet on youtube or google! c:
I see, thanks! c:
You're very welcome! :iconglompplz:
Add a Comment: