Closed to new replies
November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Macbook service battery issue

:iconlaughinguy:
laughinguy Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I have replaced my old macbook battery with a new one six months back, but last night I was busy at work that I have to finish that the screen went out. I was wondering why it was like that and I pressed the power back on, then saw that the battery was at 0% power and I quickly connected the charger. I continued working afterwards,

Now the battery status keeps stating "service battery" like my old one. What should I do about my battery? I don't like the idea of replacing a battery I just got for six months.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpr-imagery:
PR-Imagery Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Assuming its an Intel Mac, try resetting the SMC [link]
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Professional Artist
Did you buy a third party battery or it is actually Apple?
:iconlaughingnumbernine:
LaughingNumberNine Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Not to alarm you, but in my experience, the repeated malfunction of one component usually is a sign that another component isn't functioning correctly. Rather you *could* have an issue with the components that manage, monitor your battery, ect, even certain software could be at fault. I don't really have any recommendations on what to do, because it can be hard to communicate a problem like this to any sort of customer support representative.
As for anything you can do yourself, it depends on your comfort and confidence with technology, the problem solving process(Process of elimination), ability to find answers for yourself as this could be a problem very unique to you, or a problem several people have had.
The only advice I can offer is to keep searching for similar experiences and gain some insight into the problem a bit. If anything you'll come out of the experience a little enlightened?

^^' sorry if that sounds kinda lame, and I don't mean to scare either.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
Cycle the battery and see if it does anything
Add a Comment: