Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

Issues getting tablet to work with a new laptop

:iconhazel23:
Hazel23 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Wacom Bamboo Fun
Acer Laptop, Windows 7, Intel i7 processor

I've had some issues with getting my tablet working on my new laptop. The driver is installed and functioning, everything is set up and appears to be working. Last night I was using it, but it would stop working at random intervals, but with a bit of fiddling I could get it going again. Tonight, it's not starting up when I plug it in. Tried plugging it in several times, tried switching USB ports, no good. The tablet light is flashing and the computer is registering that it's plugged in, the cursor just won't move when I try.

It was working perfectly on the old laptop, not sure what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondrquestiionable:
DrQUESTiiONABLE Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
Try reinstalling the tablet driver, make sure it's the right one (for 32-bit or 64-bit).
Also, it may help to flash or update your USB port drivers.

I've had times when I've had to reinstall the tablet driver several times before it worked. The tablet light still will come on anyways because it's being powered by the laptop regardless of whether it's working or not :P
:iconhazel23:
Hazel23 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've got it to work for the moment, what's happening now it that if I stop moving the cursor for a few seconds, then sometimes the pen stops responding for a minute or so when I try to move it again. Oo It's frustrating.
:icondrquestiionable:
DrQUESTiiONABLE Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Student General Artist
Well that's a new one lmao, never heard that before! I hope it starts working soon o.O
Add a Comment: