Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 14

Cannot get onto the internet without being in safemode??

:iconhastsmak:
hastsmak Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012   General Artist
Hello,

Im having problems with my Acer Aspire laptop, I have Vista.

The problem stems from either using a webcam chat site OR I downloaded a game, it was scanned and seemed to be running fine for a couple of weeks before problems started.

I can get on everything other than the internet if I run it normally. If I open the internet the first google search works but as soon as I click on the link it doesnt work, I could leave my laptop on for a few hours and the page would still be loading or it would crash.

I uninstalled the game and removed its componants and havnt been on the webcam site since. I have mcfee, superantispyware both of which have not picked up any virus's. I also have a Cleaner that was working but now that will not work, so whatever it is has attacked or stopped that from working.

Any ideas how I can sort this out?
Thankyou :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Professional Artist
What browser? And what plugins do you have installed in said browser? Are they up to date?
I dont know, Im a total dummy to be honest.

My browser(I might even be usin the wrong word, my internet page? 'internet explorer') since I fixed it last time when I open it up says 'blankpage' then I just type in google or whatever search engine.
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Professional Artist
[link]

Download that, install that, and use it instead of Internet Explorer for the rest of time.
Thankyou :hug:
:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
What's the name of that cleaner?
Doctor :)

Its CCleaner, I think maybe you recommened it last time, it has been working fine up until then.
Yeah, it's a good program. Probably updating it will fix it (Just install the latest version on top. no uninstall required) :)
There is a McAffee bug (bad update) recently: [link] which looks like it could be this. Some fixes shown here, but it would probably need an uninstall / reinstall of the latest version.

I updated it before and it made no difference. Also the article is from august and it was working fine in august, its only been the past couple of weeks that I have had to run it in safemode.

I purchased McAffee before I moved so no idea where I have put the disk. Is there any way I can get around it without turning the house upside down? :(
See if you can temporarily disable Mcafee - or disable its firewall from the tray icon and try to connect. Which type are you using?
Thankyou :hug: will try that right now. Which type? its just called 'Mcfee internet security'
Add a Comment: