Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

Photoshop CS2 Pen Pressure Not Working. Intuos 4 tablet with updated driver.

:iconapricot-tea:
apricot-tea Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This is a common problem, but I'm having an unusual issue with it. I have an Intuos 4 tablet and haven't ever had problems with pen pressure in Photoshop with this tablet before. I updated the driver and restarted already.

I'm not getting any warning when I click pen pressure like a lot of users seem to have. It's just not showing a tapered pen stroke in the preview.

Any insight would be awesome.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpuppy-dangerous:
puppy-dangerous Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Hm, I know this is annoying on par with 'is it plugged in'... but have you checked your brush settings to make sure they are set to taper? And made sure your photoshop and tablet settings are correct?

I've found that some drivers do work better than others, so you may want to check for an older version of the driver. I use CS2 and remember at one point I had to install a really old driver to get the tablet to work the way I wanted it to.

The only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is that your pen may be malfunctioning. How old is it, and how is the nib?

Also you may want to try plugging it into a different port. If it's not getting enough power it may start to be funky.
:iconapricot-tea:
apricot-tea Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Most of these aren't the problem.

1.) Settings are correct
2.) Brush stuff is correct and set to taper
3.) Pen nib is fine
4.) Tablet is just a year and a half old
5.) It's plugged in.

The driver idea sounds the most feasible. I don't think it's the port - the tablet is working perfectly fine, the only error is in Photoshop.
Add a Comment: