Closed to new replies
November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 6

Bamboo tablet

:iconheavymetalfan246:
HeavyMetalFan246 Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ok so a few months back I got a bamboo drawing tablet as a gift. Anyways I'm grateful for it but it doesn't seem to work well. It frustrates me majorly so I hate having to use it. Like the blue light flickers back to white on and off and then the pen won't respond at all. Or either it stops responding in my computer so I have to shut my whole computer down again. Is there a way to fix this?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontb-samurai:
TB-Samurai Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
To me, it sounds like your tablet may be defective.
HeavyMetalFan246 Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
really? Man I should've taken it back to the store :(
:iconmidwinter-sun:
Don't worry, if it's defective, your guarantee covers an entire year (depending on where it was bought... in Europe Bamboos have a two-year-guarantee).

Anyways, the problem could also be a software issue. Sometimes it works to simply unplug and then plug the tablet back in, without the need to restart the whole system. With a more persisting issue present, uninstalling the entire Bamboo software and then installing it again might solve the riddle. Another thing that could affect the situation is your OS - whether it's an old installation, for example. Windows pretty much needs to be reinstalled every year in order to run smoothly and to be fast. So, if you take me, 'cause I'm an excellent example of laziness, my OS is 4 years old and even though I clean up the registry regularly, defrag and delete unnecessary files, booting takes about 3 minutes whereas it used to only take about 20 seconds before. Another nasty side effect is constant errors and problems with various software.

Easiest thing is to first make sure it's a hardware issue before returning the tablet. Perhaps even trying it on a different computer, see if it shows the same problems.
HeavyMetalFan246 Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Ok cool I'll have to check the warranty in the U.S but I doubt it will be much different. Yeah sometimes unplugging it works but a lot of time it doesn't. I just got my laptop in July or August so Windows should be ok...I think.And I tried the tablet on my old laptop and I had the same issue with it
:iconmidwinter-sun:
Well, if it shows the same problems with two different computers, then that's that. Return it in the store and they'll take care of the rest. U.S. warranty for Bamboos is one year, you can check on their website. ;)
HeavyMetalFan246 Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh sweet I'll return it then since it's still under warranty. Thanks :D
Add a Comment: