Closed to new replies
November 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 31

Intuos4 XL... Anyone Use One?

:iconirthumper:
IrThumper Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012   General Artist
I've never used a tablet before, so I'm in the research stages before I buy. I need as much space as I can get... I have severe tendonitis problems and need a lot of space to keep my hand from cramping up and going dead on me :hmm: I was glad to find that the Intuos4 has a monster sized XL. Does anyone know anything about this product? If anybody can clue me in on whether this would be a good fit for me (and worth the considerable amt of $$) I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks! :aww:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconben-anderson:
Ben-Anderson Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The 4XL is gigantic! I have a big desk (1.6m2 corner desk) and I have to move stuff around just to use my Intuos 4 L. Honestly, for you, I'd recommend an Intuos 5 M (medium). Those are big enough if you don't have a stupid large monitor.
IrThumper Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012   General Artist
Gigantic... *rubs hands together with glee* I don't know, everyone is always trying to make stuff either bigger and better or smaller and better... seeing as my eyesight's going and my hands are temperamental when it comes to cramping up, I think I really am on the bigger and better side of things ;) I have plenty of room on my work station too, thankfully... =P
Ben-Anderson Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
no, trust me, the XL is FAR too big. The L or M would be enough for you. Plus, with the L or M you'd be getting the Intuos 5 that doubles as a giant multi-touch track-pad.
IrThumper Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012   General Artist
Do any chain stores carry these where I could compare sizes in person, that might help =P
Ben-Anderson Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
just get a tape measure and look at Wacom's site.
IrThumper Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012   General Artist
Lol!! Yeaaaah, that might help! :ohmygod:;)
:iconunicornphantom:
UnicornPhantom Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I have heard both opinions about tablets, from a friend who is a fantastic Digital Artist, and a Traditional Artist. They were good and bad opinions both. However, I honestly want to get a tablet myself. ;) If you feel like it would help, I say definitely get it. It's worth trying, or what you could do is get one of the less expensive ones, and try that out, then improve. My friend who is a Digital Artist started with a cheaper tablet, and later was able to improve. I wish I could tell you one way or the other, but I have no idea. Let me ask my friend though, I'll bet she knows about it. :XD:
IrThumper Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012   General Artist
Thanks, that would be great! :aww: Yeah as it is this thing will run me somewhere around $700-ish... I know I'm definitely going to need the super sized edition too, no sketchers cramp for me! =P
:iconunicornphantom:
UnicornPhantom Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
You know, I don't think she's going to get back to me, that friend that I talked about. -_- Of course, this is that same friend I drew the picture for that I have been talking about, so yeah. I'll look into this myself, too, it might help a little. Besides, I love doing research. ;)
IrThumper Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012   General Artist
Good luck! :aww:
Add a Comment: