Pen Nib Help

Well, I've had my Wacom Bamboo Create Tablet for about 5 weeks now. I use it about 30 minutes a day on weekdays, and 2 hours a day on weekends and break. For me, it's Thanksgiving Break, and I've been using it quite heavily.

I never noticed how the tip was wearing down <--Stupid
until now, and it's not possible to grab it with tweezers anymore; it's way too short. What do I do? Do I get a new pen, or is there a secret way to remove it? Is there anything to cover the tablet with to slow down, or even prevent, the wearing down of the pen nib?
Comments17
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Do you think you could get hold of the pen's nib with a pair of fingernail clippers? I know you say that the nib tool won't reach it, but is there a chance the nail clips could?
Ummm, I just tried that and the remaining part got clipped off.
Ow. xx; Shoot, I had to do that once and it worked alright without clipping it...I guess I had more space than you did. xx

I'm so very sorry for ruining things. xx
Haha, it's ok, I'll try to thing of something.
I'm not suggesting this one more than wondering.

My tablet's pen is one that I have instructions how to take apart if it's so needed. Would yours so happen to be like that? I don't remember how the Wacom's are anymore.
(Unless you could get in touch with someone from the Wacom site? Took a look there and found this: [link] )

I'm sorry again, anyway. XD
My dad and I took it apart and we got the new tip in! Well, the pen isn't as perfect as before, but hey, it works again! Thanks for your help!
Oh that's great! :huggle: I'm glad y'all got it to working again. ^^
And I'm sorry my other 'solution' broke it down worse. XD
Did your tablet come with a nib tool? It's made for grabbing short nibs and pulling them out. (it's basically a small ring of sheet metal with a hole in the from on it so you can grab the nib) If you don't have one, a pair of needle nose pliers (or something similar) could work.
Yes...
But I worn it down so much it's kind of impossible to get a good enough grip on it to pull it out. When I press the tip down, one side goes completely in.
yikes! I'm not sure how to remove one that low...but I found this [link] maybe it could help you.
Haha, thanks. It's actually not the pen problem, I saw the eraser didn't make any connection, there was nothing loose. Guess I'll just have to get a new one- and be more careful.
Ok, sorry that happened :( I had a scary moment where my nib got really worn on my last tablet...I used duck tape to get it out XD
Duct tape? :0
I could try that...
It's worth a try ^^
View all replies